TV Home Forum

Jeremy Kyle Axed

Latest: ITV axe show - page 20 onwards (May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Markymark
ITV Morningscreen? Razz

It's 9:25, and ITV is returning to a Trade Test Transmission.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Channel 5 had a long debate on Jeremy Vine's show about Kyle including showing sub-standard SD YouTube clips of JK, while Derbyshire had a discussion with 'White Dee' from Benefits Street who gave a positive account of her appearance on the show.
BR
Brekkie
Yes - Don’t Channel 5 have to constantly re-edit ‘Can’t Pay? We’ll Take It Away’ to blur people’s faces who have complained about being featured and then had their episode repeated over and over?

I think with GDPR, Data Protection, etc etc, we can't be far off the stage where everyone's face will have to be pixellated out on all TV programmes. At least it will save a fortune on make-up costs.

Didn't ONdigital used to do that? Very Happy
JB
JasonB
ITV Morningscreen? Razz

It's 9:25, and ITV is returning to a Trade Test Transmission.

With 15 minutes of music.
JO
Jonwo
A Dr Christian or Dr Ranj medical show would be my choice.
BS
Ben Shatliff
Why not bring back The Time, The Place presented by Julie Etchingham alternating with Nina Hossain. It would work.
AA
Aaron_2015
Whatever they show it needs to not crossover with any content that may appear on Lorraine or This Morning, as otherwise all the shows would merge into one.

Would they? I think Lorraine’s show, whilst quite similar to This Morning, is pretty distinguishable for most people. Lorraine could probably hold 900k at 9:30, which isn’t much less than what Kyle was getting. An extra hour of GMB from 8:30 would probably be lower than Lorraine, but overall there wouldn’t be much difference. Simply replacing Kyle with repeats until the program returns (which is looking unlikely) or a permanent replacement is ready to air would be very poor commercially for ITV. I don’t know how quickly ITV could commission a replacement and get it on air, but surely it would be at least three or fourth months?

Using the already well-established morning brands to bridge the gap seems like a sensible option in the short term, although I expect there would be logistical issues with extending GMB and moving Lorraine.
NW
nwtv2003
Moving Rinder would probably the easiest option short term. Whilst JK isn’t to everyone’s taste it bridges a gap in the morning schedule to prevent magazine show overkill. Should they produce something new then it probably won’t come from Television Centre due to the other shows coming from there. As stated Rinder shares the same production team as Kyle at Salford, therefore you would think they would utilise the same people and studio facilities potentially.
JO
Jonwo
Whatever they show it needs to not crossover with any content that may appear on Lorraine or This Morning, as otherwise all the shows would merge into one.

Would they? I think Lorraine’s show, whilst quite similar to This Morning, is pretty distinguishable for most people. Lorraine could probably hold 900k at 9:30, which isn’t much less than what Kyle was getting. An extra hour of GMB from 8:30 would probably be lower than Lorraine, but overall there wouldn’t be much difference. Simply replacing Kyle with repeats until the program returns (which is looking unlikely) or a permanent replacement is ready to air would be very poor commercially for ITV. I don’t know how quickly ITV could commission a replacement and get it on air, but surely it would be at least three or fourth months?

Using the already well-established morning brands to bridge the gap seems like a sensible option in the short term, although I expect there would be logistical issues with extending GMB and moving Lorraine.

Don’t they need time to change the Lorraine set to Loose Women. It’s easier to put Rinder in that slot.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Why not bring back The Time, The Place presented by Julie Etchingham alternating with Nina Hossain. It would work.

In what way would it ‘work’?

Is there a known appetite for this sort of format that isn’t covered by Derbyshire or Vine

Or is it yet another let’s do something that was done 30 years ago?
Last edited by Andrew on 14 May 2019 9:40pm - 2 times in total
VM
VMPhil

In what way would it ‘work’?

All TV shows succeed based on how much people are willing them to work in their minds. Little known fact.
AA
Aaron_2015
Jonwo posted:

Don’t they need time to change the Lorraine set to Loose Women. It’s easier to put Rinder in that slot.

I don’t think Rinder does all that well as it is (I think I saw it rates less than Kyle), so using that as a replacement also creates problems. Showing it twice a day would over expose it, whilst moving it to 9:25 means they would need a replacement at 2.

Newer posts