TV Home Forum

Jeremy Kyle Axed

Latest: ITV axe show - page 20 onwards

JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
Villanelle was watching The Jeremy Kyle Show on tonight's edition of Killing Eve??
JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
Villanelle was watching The Jeremy Kyle Show on tonight's edition of Killing Eve??

That was a programme that existed when this series was made and first aired.

So why is it surprising?
KELGE, BBI45 and dbl gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member London London
Looks like ITV are trying to bring back the Kyle format.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/itv-planning-new-jeremy-kyle-16524762
JO
Jonwo (previously Jonwo87)
Looks like ITV are trying to bring back the Kyle format.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/itv-planning-new-jeremy-kyle-16524762

It sounds very similar to Face the Truth, which is a new US talk show in the vein of Kyle, Springer etc but with a panel rather than a host and with a more positive attitude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAM1j9ZQz4c
London Lite and what gave kudos
GO
gottago London London
Broadcast reporting that ITV have sent out a brief to indies for “non-conflict and upbeat” shows to replace Kyle and will give an episode order of at least 20 eps. They have to come from out of London companies. Interesting they're not necessarily keeping the slot within ITV Studios.
JO
Why would they ask for London companies specifically. Looking utilise TVC space?
JA
Jamesypoo Anglia (East) Look East
Jon posted:
Why would they ask for London companies specifically. Looking utilise TVC space?

"out of London"
Rexogamer, Jon and DeMarkay gave kudos
JO
Jon posted:

"out of London"

Silly me.
JO
Broadcast reporting that ITV have sent out a brief to indies for “non-conflict and upbeat” shows to replace Kyle and will give an episode order of at least 20 eps. They have to come from out of London companies. Interesting they're not necessarily keeping the slot within ITV Studios.

I suppose it's better to have a competitive tender. I imagine they'll trial each show for 4 weeks which is what they did with Jeremy Kyle and also The Springer Show.
NW
nwtv2003 Granada North West Today
Jonwo posted:

I suppose it's better to have a competitive tender. I imagine they'll trial each show for 4 weeks which is what they did with Jeremy Kyle and also The Springer Show.

Don’t forget STV’s The People’s Court, which was the first show to take the slot after Trisha finished.
steve
steviegTVreturns
JO
I'll be curious to see what shows are commissioned. Upbeat and non-conflict may be difficult to pull off without it being similar to the other ITV Daytime shows.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Don’t forget STV’s The People’s Court, which was the first show to take the slot after Trisha finished.

And somewhat forgotten, though arguably revived as Judge Rinder in a way.

They're clearly looking for something similar for the slot but still not willing to move Judge Rinder. How does that rate at 2pm?
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
Rexogamer and DJ Dave gave kudos

Newer posts