« Topics
gottago2,925 posts since 26 Aug 2004
London London
Broadcast reporting that ITV have sent out a brief to indies for “non-conflict and upbeat” shows to replace Kyle and will give an episode order of at least 20 eps. They have to come from out of London companies. Interesting they're not necessarily keeping the slot within ITV Studios.
Rexogamer gave kudos
Jonwo (previously Jonwo87) 815 posts since 20 Sep 2007
Broadcast reporting that ITV have sent out a brief to indies for “non-conflict and upbeat” shows to replace Kyle and will give an episode order of at least 20 eps. They have to come from out of London companies. Interesting they're not necessarily keeping the slot within ITV Studios.

I suppose it's better to have a competitive tender. I imagine they'll trial each show for 4 weeks which is what they did with Jeremy Kyle and also The Springer Show.
Rexogamer gave kudos
nwtv20038,430 posts since 5 Jan 2003
Granada North West Today

I suppose it's better to have a competitive tender. I imagine they'll trial each show for 4 weeks which is what they did with Jeremy Kyle and also The Springer Show.

Don’t forget STV’s The People’s Court, which was the first show to take the slot after Trisha finished.
steve
steviegTVreturns
Rexogamer gave kudos
Brekkie33,030 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Don’t forget STV’s The People’s Court, which was the first show to take the slot after Trisha finished.

And somewhat forgotten, though arguably revived as Judge Rinder in a way.

They're clearly looking for something similar for the slot but still not willing to move Judge Rinder. How does that rate at 2pm?
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
Rexogamer and DJ Dave gave kudos