TV Home Forum

Sky's Branding

(October 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
Stuart
Sky1 and Sky1 HD no longer have separate presentation feeds. All break bumpers and idents now use the Sky1 logo on both SD and HD channels. Promos, ECPs and IPPs are still using the Sky1 HD logo on both feeds. Continuity announcers also referring to the channels as 'Sky1 HD'.

This is beginning to smack of a 'can't be bothered' attitude from Sky. Mad
FA
fanoftv
Which is a shame as they've managed to create a consistent look across the channels over the past few years whilst allowing their differing themes.
ED
edmund
I wouldn't say they can't be bothered sure the rest of the Sky channels don't have separate feeds for SD and HD logos. Most channels have ditched separate HD presentation eg. History, CI, ITV.
ED
edmund
An excellent new ident for Sky Movies Disney.

TO
tomo359
Thats amazing! Best ident Sky Movies have done, and they have done some very good idents!
Love how they managed to get so many Disney movies all crammed in without it feeling crammed in the slightest.
welshkid and Mad Hatter gave kudos
ET
ETP1 Forever
An excellent new ident for Sky Movies Disney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6vtPn4pNBU

Wow, it's like the days of The Wonderful World Of Disney all over again Smile
WP
WillPS
Very nice effort. And I felt their previous effort was great!
MI
Michael
Completely unrelated to the topic in hand, but I spotted this today.
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=51.621574,-3.94098&spn=0.007913,0.01929&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=51.621638,-3.941012&panoid=yY1v-uNWJAKXJEsLBDM8ig&cbp=12,108.47,,2,-10.61
WO
Worzel

Just makes you realise how many logo rebrands there's been. There's been at least 4 to 5 logos/variations since that one was in use during the 90s.
Last edited by Worzel on 30 March 2014 3:59am
WP
WillPS
[quote="Worzel" pid="908996"]

Just makes you realise how many logo rebrands there's been. There's been at least 4 to 5 logos/variatio
Given that logo was current 20 years ago...! ITV have been through a similar number, for comparison.
RD
rdd Founding member
They're relatively stable now, Sky Sports have used various versions of the red and blue block logo since 1998. However Sky during the 1990s rebranded literally every two years, and when they rebranded they changed everything presentation related. At once. On the same day. Across the entire company.
HA
harshy Founding member
I miss those days, I hope someone gets rid of the Home of sport idents on Sky Sports they are rubbish.

Newer posts