No, they've updated the logo and amended the text to fit: skyarts.co.uk

49 days later

ED
edmund
Here is the sky 3d ident in 2d http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOs8bShEw0Y

21 days later

JA
Jake
Looks like a Living rebrand is on the cards, as well as some renumbering.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2010/oct/25/eddie-izzard-sky-treasure-island

Quote:
In a bid to highlight its entertainment credentials, the broadcasterIt is moving Sky1, Sky Living and Sky Atlantic to the top of the Sky Digital electronic programme guide. Sky Atlantic, due to launch early next year, will feature US drama including Mad Men and HBO content such as Martin Scorsese's eagerly-awaited Boardwalk Empire.

Turner Laing said Sky1, Sky Living and Sky Atlantic will have slots 106, 107 and 108 – right after the five main terrestrial channels - so Sky can "highlight for our customers the best of entertainment pay at the top of the EPG".

EDIT: Press release
FO
fodg09
Sensible move by Sky, although Sky Living isn't the best name in the world they didn't have much choice if they wanted to put the Sky stamp on it while keeping the well regarded Living brand that they were so keen to get their hands on.

I imagine Sky 1 may get a mini on-air revamp at the same time as Sky Living rebrands and Sky Atlantic launches, at the very least to update the Sky font in the Sky 1 logo. I wonder is it also likely that many of Living's spin off channels will be closed down, 'Sky Living Loves' sounds pretty ridiculous.
LM
Lee M
Jake posted:
Looks like a Living rebrand is on the cards, as well as some renumbering.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2010/oct/25/eddie-izzard-sky-treasure-island

Quote:
In a bid to highlight its entertainment credentials, the broadcasterIt is moving Sky1, Sky Living and Sky Atlantic to the top of the Sky Digital electronic programme guide. Sky Atlantic, due to launch early next year, will feature US drama including Mad Men and HBO content such as Martin Scorsese's eagerly-awaited Boardwalk Empire.

Turner Laing said Sky1, Sky Living and Sky Atlantic will have slots 106, 107 and 108 – right after the five main terrestrial channels - so Sky can "highlight for our customers the best of entertainment pay at the top of the EPG".

EDIT: Press release

Thought they might move one of Sky2 or Sky3 on the EPG to make room for Sky Atlantic.

What wonders me about the Sky EPG is why on Sky+ HD the numbers for HD channels are not in the "main" slots I.e. Sky1 HD on EPG 106 rather than 170. You would think for marketing simplicity having the "right" version of Sky1 depending on what Sky platform you are on would be common sense, and surely Sky have the ability to have different EPG configurations depending on whether you have an HD box or not. It wouldn't affect people who have an SD television plugged into a HD box either, as unless I am mistaken, the Sky+ HD box downconverts the picture if the TV is connected via SCART or other non-HD connection.
VM
VMPhil

Insignificant I know, but they've made a mistake on the BBC2 listing, "Dragon's Den: What Happ end Next"
ED
edmund
I diskike that sky1, 2 and 3 will not be together on the EPG, its makes sence having sky1, sky2, sky3 beside each other in a row, then all the other channels like living, movies sports ect. But having Sky1, Sky Living, Sky Atlantic, Sky2, Sky3 just doesn't make sense. If they want to do this would they not rename sky1, 2 and 3? so it would be Sky USA(sky1), Sky Living, Sky Atlantic, Sky Sci Fi(sky2), Sky Reality(sky3). Either have all there entertainment channels numbered or have individual names I think. There isn't Sky Sports 1, 2, 3, Golf and Soccer.
JO
Jonny

Insignificant I know, but they've made a mistake on the BBC2 listing, "Dragon's Den: What Happ end Next"

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w191/2007TopGearDog/icon_evil.gif Heads should roll!

Another name change in store for Living then, is it in some sort of contest with UK Gold Classics/UK Gold 2/UKG2/UKTVG2/Dave?

On paper at least, it's certainly a stronger looking 106-108 line up compared to what's in place now. Indeed, I wonder where this leaves Sky 2 and 3 who would surely fade into insignificance if shunted down the EPG?
IS
Inspector Sands
Jonny posted:

Another name change in store for Living then, is it in some sort of contest with UK Gold Classics/UK Gold 2/UKG2/UKTVG2/Dave?

Hardly, it's only had 2 names.... 3 if you count 'Living TV' and tt's always had the word Living in it. There are channels that have been renamed lot more than that
WP
WillPS
Not that far down the EPG; presumably still between 112 and 128!

What's going to happen to Living it and LivingLoves I wonder...

EDIT: Forgot Living2 had rebranded again
VM
VMPhil
Jonny posted:

Hardly, it's only had 2 names.... 3 if you count 'Living TV' and tt's always had the word Living in it. There are channels that have been renamed lot more than that

The amount of times it has changed is what I think he is counting.

UK Living
Living
*Living
*LivingTV
LIVINGtv
LIVING
Sky Living
Last edited by VMPhil on 25 October 2010 5:29pm
PL
tellyboxPLUS
Jonny posted:

The amount of times it has changed is what I think he is counting.

UK Living
Living
Living*
LivingTV*
LIVINGtv
LIVING
Sky Living

ya but the name has not change no one ever called it living with a little star by it eg living*

Newer posts