TV Home Forum

Sky's Branding

(October 2009)

JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Their logos never included the Bs anyway, so I'm surprised they didn't get rid of those words earlier. They're legacy from the BSB merger after all, and that was 24 years ago!
simon1970 and Rijowhi gave kudos
:-(
A former member
So it's taken sky 30 year but he's nearly set out what Murdoch start out doing.
WH
Whataday Founding member Wales Wales Today
So it's taken sky 30 year but he's nearly set out what Murdoch start out doing.

I'm not sure removing the Bs was the zenith of his master plan.
AG
AxG Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Sky Deutschland only recently announced that they would be adopting the current Sky logo, having used the old version when they launched.
RD
rdd Founding member
Yep - makes sense given that it is no longer a British (and Irish) service and is now a UK / Irish / German / Italian service.

Let's not forget the Austrians too!

Personally, I'd have either reverted back to Sky Television or went for Sky Media (given the broadband product) Sky plc just seems too vague
:-(
A former member
Still true to this day...
IS
Inspector Sands
JAS84 posted:
Their logos never included the Bs anyway, so I'm surprised they didn't get rid of those words earlier. They're legacy from the BSB merger after all, and that was 24 years ago!

There's a difference between a corporate name and a brbrand though. The lack of one in the other is irrelevant

One thing the BSkyB name was useful for their staff email addresses, the Sky.com ones being given out to their ISP customers. I wonder what they'll choose instead?

This incidently is an issue Yahoo had many years ago.
AJ
AJ London London
One thing the BSkyB name was useful for their staff email addresses, the Sky.com ones being given out to their ISP customers. I wonder what they'll choose instead?

I'd be surprised if Sky haven't gone for the .sky top level domain. Failing that, perhaps name@sky.plc or similar?
DK
DanielK STV Central Reporting Scotland
JAS84 posted:

There's a difference between a corporate name and a brbrand though. The lack of one in the other is irrelevant

I'm not totally clued up on email address formats, but is it possible to use @news.sky.com for news employees for example? @tv.sky.com, @hd.sky.com, @italia.sky.com etc
BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
JAS84 posted:

I'm not totally clued up on email address formats, but is it possible to use @news.sky.com for news employees for example? @tv.sky.com, @hd.sky.com, @italia.sky.com etc

Considering I have had two e-mail addresses in such a format, I would say yes.
DK
DanielK STV Central Reporting Scotland
JAS84 posted:

Considering I have had two e-mail addresses in such a format, I would say yes.

Might be the solution then? or @newsuk.sky.com so that it doesn't conflict with the other news services..
PF
PFMC84 UTV Newsline
AJ posted:
I'd be surprised if Sky haven't gone for the .sky top level domain
How wqould that work though as a web address? www.sky.sky? Too confusing and looks weird.

Newer posts