« Topics
rdd3,414 posts since 21 Jun 2001
Yep - makes sense given that it is no longer a British (and Irish) service and is now a UK / Irish / German / Italian service.

Let's not forget the Austrians too!

Personally, I'd have either reverted back to Sky Television or went for Sky Media (given the broadband product) Sky plc just seems too vague
Inspector Sands13,909 posts since 25 Aug 2004
Their logos never included the Bs anyway, so I'm surprised they didn't get rid of those words earlier. They're legacy from the BSB merger after all, and that was 24 years ago!

There's a difference between a corporate name and a brbrand though. The lack of one in the other is irrelevant

One thing the BSkyB name was useful for their staff email addresses, the Sky.com ones being given out to their ISP customers. I wonder what they'll choose instead?

This incidently is an issue Yahoo had many years ago.
bilky asko gave kudos
DanielK3,465 posts since 1 Oct 2011
STV Central Reporting Scotland
Their logos never included the Bs anyway, so I'm surprised they didn't get rid of those words earlier. They're legacy from the BSB merger after all, and that was 24 years ago!

There's a difference between a corporate name and a brbrand though. The lack of one in the other is irrelevant

One thing the BSkyB name was useful for their staff email addresses, the Sky.com ones being given out to their ISP customers. I wonder what they'll choose instead?

I'm not totally clued up on email address formats, but is it possible to use @news.sky.com for news employees for example? @tv.sky.com, @hd.sky.com, @italia.sky.com etc
bilky asko5,558 posts since 9 Sep 2006
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)

I'm not totally clued up on email address formats, but is it possible to use @news.sky.com for news employees for example? @tv.sky.com, @hd.sky.com, @italia.sky.com etc

Considering I have had two e-mail addresses in such a format, I would say yes.
DanielK3,465 posts since 1 Oct 2011
STV Central Reporting Scotland

Considering I have had two e-mail addresses in such a format, I would say yes.

Might be the solution then? or @newsuk.sky.com so that it doesn't conflict with the other news services..