TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Are there too many spoilers? (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CO
cobbles
Ghost posted:
ITV1, eh?

Prime Time as well. Up against a Man City match on BBC1 and Historic Glastonbury on BBC2..... i think they'd be screwed whatever they showed so might as well put it on.

28th June
7.30pm - 9.00pm - The Road to Corrie
9.00pm - 10.00pm - Soap Award Celebration
GH
Ghost
Ghost posted:
ITV1, eh?

Prime Time as well. Up against a Man City match on BBC1 and Historic Glastonbury on BBC2..... i think they'd be screwed whatever they showed so might as well put it on.

28th June

I meant that the person who made the Twitter post used the ITV1 name rather than ITV.
CO
cobbles
Ghost posted:
Ghost posted:
ITV1, eh?

28th June

I meant that the person who made the Twitter post used the ITV1 name rather than ITV.

She's an actor (Kat Slater in EE and Elsie Tanner in this), it's not an official promotion or anything so she's like just using what she's called it colloquially like millions of others. It used to be that officially anyway for a while didn't it?
GH
Ghost
Ghost posted:

28th June

She's an actor (Kat Slater in EE and Elsie Tanner in this), it's not an official promotion or anything so she's like just using what she's called it colloquially like millions of others. It used to be that officially anyway for a while didn't it?

I just thought I’d point it out. It was used officially for over a decade, so there’s probably plenty of people who still call it that, like how some people still use the old regional names.
TI
This Is Granada
Just watching Classic Corrie and I guess we are very close to xmas 1995. Just been thinking, from 1996 we're about to lose SO MANY legends from it....Phyllis, Percy, Mavis, Derek....

I've just gotten over losing Bet 2 weeks ago!!!! Its all moving so fast!!!
CO
cobbles
Just watching Classic Corrie and I guess we are very close to xmas 1995. Just been thinking, from 1996 we're about to lose SO MANY legends from it....Phyllis, Percy, Mavis, Derek....

I've just gotten over losing Bet 2 weeks ago!!!! Its all moving so fast!!!

That's the infamous cull at the hands of Brian Park isn't it? Long before I was a regular watcher
Last edited by cobbles on 22 June 2020 4:02pm
JA
james-2001
Mavis could still be in the show (or at least have been in a good few years longer) if he hadn't killed Derek off and then her when Thelma asked to leave - I don't see why she needed to kill the character, rather than leave a return open for Thelma......

Thelma Barlow announced her intention to leave before they decided to kill Derek, and Mavis was never killed off, Rita still talks about her and goes to visit her every so often.

Are you sure you even watch the show?
AN
Andrew Founding member
Indeed, Rita must mention that she's going to see Mavis every time Barbara Knox takes a break, must be at least once a year
CO
cobbles
Mavis could still be in the show (or at least have been in a good few years longer) if he hadn't killed Derek off and then her when Thelma asked to leave - I don't see why she needed to kill the character, rather than leave a return open for Thelma......

Thelma Barlow announced her intention to leave before they decided to kill Derek, and Mavis was never killed off, Rita still talks about her and goes to visit her every so often.

Are you sure you even watch the show?

Well I didn't watch it back in 1996 - I was a toddler.

Assumed Mavis had been killed off and that's why she'd never come back. Admit my error on this one.....
Last edited by cobbles on 22 June 2020 4:02pm
BH
BillyH Founding member
1997 is the big “cull” year, causing that amusing scene in one episode where the remaining veteran cast (Alec, Gail, Alma etc) all sit around the Rovers and start guessing who’s going to be gone next, which I like to imagine was similar to when the cast were given their scripts each week. It’s on the DVD of episodes from that year.

1996 from memory is mostly about garden gnomes going missing.
CO
cobbles
Do people think EE going off air will have much effect on Corrie's ratings? Or will EE fans just stick to the EE tribute stuff on BBC1 rather than transitioning across to see Corrie as the most similar soap left?
CO
cobbles
Corrie's current ratings are worse than their June 2018 ratings.

Given lockdown and everybody being stuck inside that should worry the powers that be surely?

Newer posts