TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Are there too many spoilers? (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
At least the scenes on today's ITV3 episode of Steve being released from prison were actually shot at Strangeways, unlike the last few years where they just use the gates to the studios, cover up the ITV logo and pretend it's a prison.
DE88 and Meridian AM gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Location filming on all the soaps seem to have become far less frequent over the last decade or two sadly.
DJ
DJ Dave
Location filming on all the soaps seem to have become far less frequent over the last decade or two sadly.

Didn't they use to shoot at Iceland, Farmfoods and Morrisons on a Sunday back in the Betterbuys and Fermans freezers day?
JA
james-2001
Yep, they did. The whole reason Bettabuys was written out was because of the start of Sunday trading. I'm assuming the Iceland and Farmfoods they used weren't open on Sundays at the time.
JE
Jez Founding member
As well as the outside of the prison the hospital and police station are also part of the outdoor sets on site at the Corrie studios.
DJ
DJ Dave
Jez posted:
As well as the outside of the prison the hospital and police station are also part of the outdoor sets on site at the Corrie studios.

Yeah but they use the front of ITV Studios for the Prison, School, Hospital, Freshco have a I missed anything? the Police station is an actual outdoor set which has been made.
DA
davidhorman
Quote:
the Police station is an actual outdoor set which has been made.

Speaking of which, anyone else spot the TARDIS door sign on the outside wall? It appeared again last night but this screenshot is from last year (the night before the 56th anniversary of Doctor Who, funnily enough):

JA
james-2001
Seeing the start of Underworld on ITV3 now- interesting how small it is being filmed in the actual building on the outdoor set, compared to the massive size increase (and upper floor) it gained overnight around 10 years later when they moved it into the studio.
RE
Revolution
Some sad news -- Adele Rose, Corrie scriptwriter and creator of Byker Grove, has died at the age of 87.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/tributes-paid-after-death-adele-19535973

Wrote 460 episodes between 1961 and 1998, including the one where Rita and Bet had a falling out.

RIP.
DE88, chevron and Spencer gave kudos
TI
tightrope78
RIP Adele. As well as the classic scene above she wrote my favourite episode ever, episode 95 with the classic confrontation between Ena Sharples and Tanner. All subsequent slanging matches on the cobbles have been a pale imitation of the first.

Classic lines such as "we don't need sewers round 'ere, we've got Ena Sharples!".

And of course the greatest piece of dialogue ever from Ena “I could’ve written a full length book about you, let alone a letter, but if I ad’ written it. If I ‘ad written it, it wouldn’t ave’ come anonymous. Oh no. I’ve never been afraid to stand behind mi’ own beliefs. If I ad’ written the flamin’ thing it would’ve ad’ Ena Sharples in big black letters at the bottom of it as well you know it!”

As you can see on ITV3 Coronation Street needed to change in 1997/98 with the arrival of Brian Park however the price they paid was losing long time writers of the calibre of Adele and Julian Roche.
Spencer, DE88 and chevron gave kudos
JE
Jez Founding member
Very sad news. RIP Adele.

I too loved that scene with Ena and Elsie and also Rita and Bet.
WH
Whataday Founding member
RIP Adele. Almost as integral to Coronation Street's character as Tony Warren himself.

Newer posts