TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Are there too many spoilers?

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SC
Si-Co
Do we still hear the extended/full version of the 2010 end credits theme on the ITV2 omnibus?
SH
Sh1ruba
TomJ posted:

It was?
I want to hear it

It's at the end of this clip. Like the rest of the 2010 arrangement, it's awful.

https://youtu.be/rLrnN1BwM0I

Yeah, it is. The original version of the theme was more iconic.
DA
davidhorman
Is the Meerkat sponsorship finally coming to an end? Tonight's episode started with a repeat of what I think was the very first one (including Barlow's Bookies in the background), and a somewhat wistful-sounding "Compare the Market has been proud to sponsor Coronation Street" voiceover.
MA
Meridian AM
Yes, it was announced earlier in the year that Compare the Market was due to end sponsorship in November.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Unless I’ve missed it there hasn’t been an announcement of a new sponsor

Who ever they get I hope they have high quality bumpers
MA
Meridian AM
No, a new one hasn't been announced.
Could be sponsor-less for the first time in a long time.
Before Covid at the start of the year, they were looking for a new company to take over. Doesn't look like they found one.
TW
Television We Love
I have been involved with the new sponsor of Coronation Street who will be taking over from Compare the market.com as the sponsor.

I am a member of Itv media however not allowed to reveal who the new sponsor will be or any details of the new sponsorship as of this moment in time but watch this space!

Just because the new sponsor hasn't been announced in the public domain it doesn't mean ITV don't know who the new sponsor is.

Emmerdale's sponsor used to be McCain and now it is People's Postcode Lottery Emmerdale did go sponsorless for about a week however just because a show goes temporarily sponsorless doesn't mean they don't have the new sponsor underwraps the new sponsor didn't replace McCain overnight as they had a start date in place of when the new sponsorship would begin.
MA
Meridian AM
I have been involved with the new sponsor of Coronation Street who will be taking over from Compare the market.com as the sponsor.

I am a member of Itv media however not allowed to reveal who the new sponsor will be or any details of the new sponsorship as of this moment in time but watch this space!

Just because the new sponsor hasn't been announced in the public domain it doesn't mean ITV don't know who the new sponsor is.

Emmerdale's sponsor used to be McCain and now it is People's Postcode Lottery Emmerdale did go sponsorless for about a week however just because a show goes temporarily sponsorless doesn't mean they don't have the new sponsor underwraps the new sponsor didn't replace McCain overnight as they had a start date in place of when the new sponsorship would begin.

Excellent. Thanks for explaining.
TW
Television We Love
Wait and see for the new Corrie sponsor it's on it's way.
Meridian AM and Sh1ruba gave kudos
SH
Sh1ruba
Wait and see for the new Corrie sponsor it's on it's way.

Sounds exciting! Just in time for the big anniversary too
DJ
DJ Dave
Co-op would be a good one with them having the shop and bags everywhere on the show.
MA
Meridian AM
Maybe it'll be The Weatherfield Gazette or Newton and Ridley?

Newer posts