TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Are there too many spoilers? (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
davidhorman
Asa posted:
Shame about the IPP

At the risk of having my membership card revoked... the what?
JA
james-2001
Asa posted:
It would have been good to have left the credits alone too but if it was timed for the announcer to stop speaking just before the new bit, that was a nice touch.

Technically it's not a "new" bit, it's been used on the weekend ITV2 omnibuses since they introduced this version of the theme tune in 2010, but I think this is the first time it's appeared on a single episode.
chevron and DeMarkay gave kudos
NW
nwtv2003
Asa posted:
Shame about the IPP

In Programme Promotion.
JA
james-2001
DJGM posted:

Tina got up after being pushed off a balcony after all.

And Phelan fell off a lighthouse.

Both very good points.
It would almost be more shocking if Geoff didn't 'rise from the dead'.

And of course John Stape miraculously survived falling from the roof of a hospital!

Corrie really does have a history of people falling from heights and surviving. Geoff will be the exception if he's actually dead!
PH
Philheybrookbay
https://youtu.be/FkhBpyv7gsA

To think this is nearly 30 years ago. Heck makes me feel old. Shame they didn't use this theme last night.
DM
DeMarkay
Asa posted:
Shame about the IPP

What was the IPP?
RO
rob Founding member
Asa posted:
Shame about the IPP

What was the IPP?

In-Programme Pointer, for example:

MA
Meridian AM
IIRC the IPP was promoting the 9pm Coronation Street documentary.
AG
AxG
itv.com - Coronation Street announces historic Argos sponsorship
Quote:
Coronation Street today announce that Argos is to become their brand new headline sponsor, only the fourth in the show’s illustrious 60 year history.

With the world’s longest running continuing drama currently celebrating its 60th anniversary on TV screens, Argos will begin its long term on and off air partnership at the beginning of 2021.
VM
VMPhil
rob posted:

What was the IPP?

In-Programme Pointer, for example:

Thankfully they don't tend to be quite as intrusive as this anymore.

Let us not forget as recently as 2008 this kind of thing was common:

JetixFann450, DeMarkay and DE88 gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
They are far less intrusive as done in the US and Australia on the return from a break. In the final seconds of a dramatic scene they are just intrusive. Was a shame as well they didn't let the credits play out on this occasion.

Hopefully the Argos sponsorship will be as on theme as Cadbury and Compare The Market were.
DJ
DJGM
AxG posted:

itv.com - Coronation Street announces historic Argos sponsorship
Quote:

Coronation Street today announce that Argos is to become their brand new headline sponsor, only the fourth in the show’s illustrious 60 year history.

With the world’s longest running continuing drama currently celebrating its 60th anniversary on TV screens, Argos will begin its long term on and off air partnership at the beginning of 2021.

Since product placement is also mentioned in the press release, perhaps we should start to expect a new Argos store to make an appearance in Weatherfield when the current agreements with Co-op and/or Costa come to an end. At the very least, expect Argos branded shopping bags to make regular appearances in the New Year.

Newer posts