TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Are there too many spoilers? (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Ballyboy
Cadbury was better lol
BR
Brekkie
Hasn't there been a campaign before based on the various Coronation Streets across the UK?
JA
james-2001
Yes, the third Cadbury campaign (after the chocolate street, and the short lived 2002/3 animated "pan fried oeuf" bumpers) were.
CH
channel4squares1
I assume this is what you meant. Wonder how many sponsorships there were during this campaign
DA
davidhorman
Anyone know why it's an hour-long episode tonight? My box has made two separate recordings, and the schedules on the main channels look otherwise identical to next week, when two separate episodes are scheduled with "Cornwall and Devon Walks with Julia Bradbury" scheduled between them, instead of after them as tonight.

I did notice there was a Cornwall-based documentary on BBC2 which would have run up to the beginning of Walks if it had been on between Corrie, but that wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it?
JE
Jez Founding member
Mine was recorded as 2 separate episodes too. It makes sense for Wednesday and Fridays to be a 1 hour IMO.
DA
davidhorman
To be honest I'd rather have half an hour each on Monday and Wednesday, then an hour on Friday to finish the week.
JA
JAS84
Jez posted:
Mine was recorded as 2 separate episodes too. It makes sense for Wednesday and Fridays to be a 1 hour IMO.

Wednesday certainly, as there's no EastEnders - avoiding a clash is the reason why they do two half hours normally instead of a one hour episode. Which makes sense on a Monday and Friday, but not on Wednesday.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Happy 70th Birthday to Helen Worth!

DA
davidhorman
JAS84 posted:

Wednesday certainly, as there's no EastEnders - avoiding a clash is the reason why they do two half hours normally instead of a one hour episode. Which makes sense on a Monday and Friday, but not on Wednesday.

I've probably got this wrong but does it give them extra ad opportunities if they split the program up?

At the very least it means you could sell two advertisers the slot immediately after Corrie...
JA
JAS84
Now that there's three ad breaks in a hour long programme (plus one between programmes) no, it's the same amount of ads either way. When it was two breaks in an hour long programme, then two half hours would have more ads.
BR
Brekkie
And surely a third break within the programme would be more valuable than ad breaks around two separate editions.

Newer posts