TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Is there too many spoilers?

WH
Whataday Founding member Wales Wales Today
Incredibly powerful episode tonight, and overwhelming reviews on social media, with #Corrie trending number one worldwide.

Plus some almost filmic shots of the new set linking in with the existing.
BFGArmy, DJ Dave and News96 gave kudos
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Indeed, very powerful stuff, that montage of everyone finding out was particularly so.
WH
Whataday Founding member Wales Wales Today
They could have done without the fanfare into the break though. Silent break stings would have had more impact.
ML
ml-official Meridian (South) South Today
They could have done without the fanfare into the break though. Silent break stings would have had more impact.

I thought the episode on Monday should have played out in silence. The credits began in silence then literally got spoilt by the theme tune randomly playing.
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Jon posted:
First of all it was free of charge then as product placment wasn’t allowed.

Secondly how could they force these brands, one I’ve never heard and assume doesn’t exist in the UK pay?

Mighty White was discontinued in the mid 2000s, apparently. It's makers also make Kingsmill bread.
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070824083725AANSjHR&guccounter=1
DE88 and London Lite gave kudos
SP
Spencer Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)

I thought the episode on Monday should have played out in silence. The credits began in silence then literally got spoilt by the theme tune randomly playing.

It's been a very long time since we've had silent credits on Corrie. I wonder if ITV no longer allow them. I've often thought that Corrie could do with a 'sad' version of the theme for such occasions, as EastEnders has.
Whataday, DE88 and Ben Shatliff gave kudos
RE
Revolution London London

I really wish they would revert back to the original theme tune. I miss the 'End of Part One' sting. The fill they added at the end of the episodes since 2010 is 'doof-doof' lite. Corrie was much better when the theme slowly faded in as the credits appeared.

Gail's monologue was amazing, the acting and pacing was top notch. Sadly my first thought is why can't the standard of writing be like this on a regular basis?
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
I still think ITV could do with ditching their plain, generic credits and letting shows have their own style again.
JA
The fill they added at the end of the episodes since 2010 is 'doof-doof' lite.

Technically that bit is part of the original theme tune too- you can hear it quite frequently on the classic episodes on ITV3. Tended to stop being heard after they shortened the credits in the early 90s.
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
I still think ITV could do with ditching their plain, generic credits and letting shows have their own style again.

They really, really should. Even a still photo is better than a black background, and it’s not like you can read them at the size they’re reduced to now anyway…
JA

They really, really should. Even a still photo is better than a black background, and it’s not like you can read them at the size they’re reduced to now anyway…

Funny that around 2007 they did allow some shows to have their own video backgrounds, with the credits on a black bar at the bottom. I know Corrie, Emmerdale, The Bill and Mr & Mrs did that. For whatever reason though that stopped after the 2013 relaunch.

I really don't get ITV and their generic credits, it's not like any other channel does it. The only other example I can think of that's even been used was T4, and even they dropped them after a few years, apart from the Hollyoaks omnibus.
JA
Incredibly strange thing on ITV3's episode today, one character clearly said "bitch" in the original episode, but ITV3 decided to dub it over with the word "tart" in what sounded like a man's voice. Totally bizarre.

Newer posts