TV Home Forum

BBC One

Up to Shorter idents (December 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SN
Silver Nemesis
Video of the aforementioned 7:30pm junction into The One Show . I wonder if we'll see them getting off the bus at Wembley tomorrow?! Another superb effort from BBC Wales.

They've also been showing various versions of a (rather long!) trailer for the game for the last week or so - the example in the second video was shown before Week In Week Out on Tuesday.

http://b.imagehost.org/0827/bbc1wales-facupcardiff_2.flv

http://b.imagehost.org/0827/bbc1wales-facuptrailer.flv

Great effort once again from BBC Wales... not to be biast or anything. Wouldnt it make more sense putting the "Football" tune over, instead of "petals"?? but good anyway
Does anyone know whether Graham Nortons Bigger Picture will return to BBC One???
GR
gregmc
030293 posted:
Does anyone know whether Graham Nortons Bigger Picture will return to BBC One???

I think this show evolved into The Graham Norton Show on BBC Two, with a similar format. Thats how I see it anyway.
IS
Inspector Sands
Silver Nemesis posted:
Video of the aforementioned 7:30pm junction into The One Show . I wonder if we'll see them getting off the bus at Wembley tomorrow?! Another superb effort from BBC Wales.

Nice, but a shame they couldn't find anything circular to finish it on Rolling Eyes
MA
Markymark
benjy posted:

Is it just me or has BBC continuity (especially on One) become a lot more creative over the past year or so? They've had people in the background, sound effects, little dialogues between announcers... It's a nice touch.

BBC 1 is supposed to be the premier channel, on (arguably these days) the world's foremost public service broadcaster. Is it really appropriate to have its announcers 'larking about' on air ? I'm certainly not suggesting we return to the stuffed shirt approach of Reith's era, but surely the channel should retain some 'gravitas' even when presenting lightweight programmes ?.
CY
cylon6
Markymark posted:
benjy posted:

Is it just me or has BBC continuity (especially on One) become a lot more creative over the past year or so? They've had people in the background, sound effects, little dialogues between announcers... It's a nice touch.

BBC 1 is supposed to be the premier channel, on (arguably these days) the world's foremost public service broadcaster. Is it really appropriate to have its announcers 'larking about' on air ? I'm certainly not suggesting we return to the stuffed shirt approach of Reith's era, but surely the channel should retain some 'gravitas' even when presenting lightweight programmes ?.

I think the links now are far more imaginative and witty. Save the gravitas for introducing the news or Crimewatch
CY
cylon6
Inspector Sands posted:

Nice, but a shame they couldn't find anything circular to finish it on Rolling Eyes

I agree, where's the circle? Not very clever at all if you ask me.
RO
roo
Markymark posted:
benjy posted:

Whilst I find most of this stuff fairly cringeworthy, I certainly wouldn't push for gravitas in their announcements. If continuity announcements are a device to inform and 'entertain' the viewers, then serving the reputation of 'the world's most foremost public service broadcaster' should be irrelevant - because that image does not serve the audience.
PA
Paul02
Markymark posted:
benjy posted:

I agree- I'm probably very much in the minority on a site that focuses on idents and presentation, but I think the announcements etc shouldn't distract from the most important things on television: the programmes.
AS
Asa Admin
I don't really understand why announcements can't be appropriate for the programme being introduced - same as the way we have idents specficially for certain genres. Plus the majority of junctions are played straight.

Anyway, I noticed the box is back is for the Chelsea trail

http://www.rp-network.com/tvforum/uploads/bbconebox08.jpg

Also, good to see the Saturday night lineup trail making a return - it's almost like we're back in the mid 90s Wink
DE
deejay
Isn't that endboard a total mess though? A BBC One box, BBC one (sic)font for times, BBC TWO font for times, 'Watch in HD' tag etc...

Oh, that and the fact that the really busy background makes deciphering all that text virtually impossible.

Newer posts