The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
OM
OrmeMac
Just a heads up that David Lowe will be down the line on the News channel this hour talking about the theme tune (its gone viral again as someone else has done a Bill Bailey with the music).

Has anyone recorded and posted this interview along with the viral theme tune?
JO
Joe

AN
Andrew Founding member
ALV posted:
For the record, I’ve recorded today’s BBC One lunchtime bulletin simulcast with WN just in case if anyone is interested on how both channels (NC and WN) handle all the branding stuff and continuity... There’s no significant difference for the average viewers in the UK... they’ve managed to handle the rights issues for playing various clips on both channels, no sport update near the end of the bulletin from Salford, Ben Brown does not mention “more news throughout the day on the BBC News Channel” and “the next news on BBC One is at xxx...” at the end, and apart from that nothing else... Zipper

Stuff like that must be very odd to viewers on BBC World News, when the presenter says bye and then pops straight back up again, as viewers will have no idea it is a BBC One simulcast.

I suppose its like when you watch the news channel here and sometimes, such as in Outside Source they take fake ad breaks, or when there are random "This is BBC News" opt out points
DA
davidhorman
Just a heads up that David Lowe will be down the line on the News channel this hour talking about the theme tune (its gone viral again as someone else has done a Bill Bailey with the music).

I was a bit surprised there was no "flashing images" warning on that.
AN
Andrew Founding member
There is no way that influencer has ever heard "the pips" on the radio!
IT
itsrobert Founding member
There is no way that influencer has ever heard "the pips" on the radio!

I love how we've all been interested in BBC News theme music for decades - now all of a sudden it's 'cool'! Cool Very Happy
Rexogamer, MarkT76 and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
DO
dosxuk
Round here though it's stale and repetitive and needs to be replaced with something else because they've been using it too long.
JB
JasonB
How long has the ‘South East’ tag been appearing on the one? I live in London.
LL
London Lite Founding member
How long has the ‘South East’ tag been appearing on the one? I live in London.

Over a week now, London and the South East first joined forces at Breakfast and now have a shared lunchtime bulletin until the end of the Coronavirus crisis.
PE
peterh
there are usage changes at the bbc news centre so presuming the local news has had to be moved out and easier to join south east than anything else
MI
m_in_m
there are usage changes at the bbc news centre so presuming the local news has had to be moved out and easier to join south east than anything else

BBC London remains standalone in the evening and late bulletins. I also believe that BBC London is based in the Peel wing and not the news centre.
LL
London Lite Founding member

BBC London remains standalone in the evening and late bulletins. I also believe that BBC London is based in the Peel wing and not the news centre.

Yes, the newsroom and gallery are in the Peel wing, along with BBC Radio London.

Newer posts