The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PE
PurpleEquinox

The best bit is round March, when you get to draw up the wish list to spend the last bits of budget on. As if you don’t use it, you lose it, not just from this year but also a potential lower budget next year.

Let's hope and pray Look East in Norwich have been keeping some money aside for a rainy day for a new set come the end of the financial year. Laughing

BBC West needs a new set, they don't have barcode screens (I've been in the studio),

If they do give new sets to regions, I’d say Spotlight’s is the best regional one. A perfect design of what a regional set with the current branding should look like, and it’d work in most studios.
CH
chris
I never knew there was a new one made in 2004. Is it around anywhere to download?

2008 was my least favourite. Along with everything else with that relaunch, it was like they were trying to recreate the great 1999 but failed. 2013 was an improvement but is stale now (and with everything going on, it's unlikely a relaunch is on the cards any time soon).

(And just realised this might have been better posted in the Nostalgia thread)

Here you go: https://up.metropol247.co.uk/itsrobert/5%20Bong.mp3

In terms of the later music, I actually prefer the 2008 themes to 2013. I didn't really see the point of the changes made in 2013 as they were so slight as to be almost unnoticeable. I'm not quite sure why but 2008 edges it for me. Maybe I prefer the simpler sound rather than the ever so slightly fussier themes used since 2013. But I do agree, it's all very stale now.

Just to go back to this, am I right in thinking the regional opt in this video is using that 2004 “unused bed”?

AndrewPSSP, bilky asko and itsrobert gave kudos
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Wow you're right, what a great find!

So if they were sent to the regions, then, why did they not end up being used on the main network news as they were intended to be? How very strange!
bilky asko and chris gave kudos
BA
Ballyboy
With Carrie Gracie left. what’s the future for dateline London?
ST
Stuart

She only presented Dateline London since January 2019. It's had many different hosts, so I suppose they can soon find another one.
IT
Ittr
Did anyone else notice in the interview with outgoing BBC DG Tony Hall, the chair he sits in is branded with the 2015 Victoria Derbyshire logo? Wink
RN
Rolling News
As noted in the Breakfast thread, Breakfast will be reverting back to finishing at 9:15 from September 7th with Crimewatch Roadshow following. This in turn means the news bulletin at 9am currently on One will be switching to BBC Two, still listed as "BBC News at 9”, presumably still with Victoria. Also it appears Politics Live will be back 5 days a week.
CM
cmthwtv
I think that Politics Live is returning four days rather than five if I read the press release correctly?
RN
Rolling News
I think that Politics Live is returning four days rather than five if I read the press release correctly?

You're right, Monday to Thursday.
AS
AlexS

She only presented Dateline London since January 2019. It's had many different hosts, so I suppose they can soon find another one.

All 3 of it's regular presenters (at that time) left the BBC in quick succession in 2017 so presenters leaving is hardly a sign of it ending. In any case Shaun Ley has been a regular presenter for the past few years and Jane Hill and Tim Willcox have both presented it on occasion so it's not as though there isn't anyone whose presented it still about.
CM
cmthwtv
Ittr posted:
Did anyone else notice in the interview with outgoing BBC DG Tony Hall, the chair he sits in is branded with the 2015 Victoria Derbyshire logo? Wink

Yes. It was also in Studio B gallery, which will remain predominantly empty from now on..
CM
cmthwtv
Ittr posted:

Yes. It was also in Studio B gallery, which will remain predominantly empty from now on..

Although made an appearance on the One...

Newer posts