TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

From Television Centre (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Shame they didn't tag the news on at the end considering they were selling 6am-2pm being live when it was announced.
FO
FanOfTV99
Hopefully it's even better than Test Title Line 1.

I would wait for Test Title Line 3.

Seems like people are saying that will be the series that puts them on the map.
BBI45, Lou Scannon and TVMan gave kudos
LS
Lou Scannon
I just looked at the TV Guide on ITV's website, which currently goes up to Mon 6th Jan.

Lorraine is listed as two separate consecutive programmes, at 9am-9:25am and 9:25am-10am!
JA
JAS84
It's listed as one programme on the Radio Times, whose listings go as far as Friday 10th Jan.
LS
Lou Scannon
Will be interesting to see how it ultimately appears on EPGs. Hopefully common sense will prevail, unless there's some legal and/or technical reason (or whatever) why the EPG can't straddle the franchise split?

Apart from seeming bizarre and inexplicable to average viewers, it would also effect recordings. Individual recordings would miss one half(ish) of an episode, if the viewer didn't notice the split listing. Series Links would end up being 10 installments per week.

All of which would be right up there with ITV2's mid-movie "FYI Daily" inserts, for potentially catching people out.

EDIT: The itv.com TV Guide (which I've never really looked at before) generally seems to have a tendency to put strange little things in, that aren't reflected in listings/EPGs elsewhere. For example, "This Morning" is split with Weather listed at 10:58-11:00! Shocked Rolling Eyes
Last edited by Lou Scannon on 31 December 2019 5:04pm
VM
VMPhil
On Virgin/TiVo, the whole film is recorded even if it is split by FYI Daily and you only set the first part to record.
GM
Gary McEwan
STV's guide has GMB from 6am until 9am, then Lorraine from 9am until 10am.

On the Freeview guide via the TV its the exact same.
JA
JAS84
I think we've established then that it's just itv.com being weird. There shouldn't be any need to worry about it.
NA
natoswald
Christmas trees are still up in the studio this morning.
JA
jacob_27
Think there'll be any presentational changes on Monday ?
JW
JamesWorldNews
Think there'll be any presentational changes on Monday ?

Tweaked/new beds.
FA
fanoftv
Christmas trees are still up in the studio this morning.

They have remained across daytime so far, which whilst it is traditional to leave them until 12th night also can be used to make the studios look different and fresh for next weeks rejigged schedule without doing anything bar a deep clean and removal of decorations.

Newer posts