TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Are there too many spoilers? (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
Film look on corrie... is that meant to be there or is it a technical mistake?
IT
IndigoTucker
Its not even good film look - as everything else is lit and shot for VT! (The promos for this week have been in 50i aswell, so this is fake film look aswell)
JA
james-2001
Its not even good film look - as everything else is lit and shot for VT! (The promos for this week have been in 50i aswell, so this is fake film look aswell)

Possibly a technical mistake then, the same thing happened with an episode of Emmerdale a few years back (also the first one which featured the current Robert), it went out normally on the ITV2 repeats. If the promos are 50i, then it's almost certainly meant to go out that way, HD's rarely shot 50i and filmised in post production because of how it deteriorates the picture quality.
DB
dbl
Filmic can look great when done properly, this looks like a mistake or a very bad (cheap) decision.
BM
BM11
Opps. ITV continuity announcer said Audrey Hepburn before correcting himself to say Audrey Roberts.
JA
james-2001
This, along with the Carla episode earlier in the year, does show that Corrie really is one of the least suitable programmes to have a film look (not that that stops producers these days).

It does look bad though, as bad as the last year of The Bill did.
Last edited by james-2001 on 21 October 2019 7:54pm
DA
davidhorman
"Judder Reduction" to the approximate rescue.

Classic Corrie fans might want to watch the Audrey Roberts thing between tonight's two episodes.
Last edited by davidhorman on 21 October 2019 7:54pm
JA
james-2001
Classic Corrie fans might want to watch the Audrey Roberts thing between tonight's two episodes.

You mean Audrey Hepburn?
chevron, Lou Scannon and davidhorman gave kudos
AN
Andrew Founding member
I liked that programme about Audrey especially that section where they acknowledged all the mmm, eh, honestleh bits that she puts in.
DA
davidhorman
I liked that programme about Audrey especially that section where they acknowledged all the mmm, eh, honestleh

My brain automatically added "...Gail!".

Was there any mention of Martyn Hett (the Corrie superfan who died in the Manchester Arena bombing and who has a plaque dedicated to him in the Corrie set's garden) and his Audrey Roberts Noise video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty1TtrKkLfI
Last edited by davidhorman on 21 October 2019 10:46pm
TI
tightrope78
Audrey’s original character was just brilliant, a real gadabout. When she married Alf the character changed and then in later years just became ridiculous. Well done to Sue though for 40 years, 34 as a regular.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Audrey’s original character was just brilliant, a real gadabout. When she married Alf the character changed and then in later years just became ridiculous. Well done to Sue though for 40 years, 34 as a regular.

Many people change in real life over 40 years

I wonder where the prison scenes were filmed tonight, is the set of Bad Girls still standing?!

Newer posts