TV Home Forum

Jeremy Kyle Axed

Latest: ITV axe show - page 20 onwards (May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RE
Revolution
So what do ITV put in the show's place if it does get canned. I hope it ain't the Chase. Rolling Eyes
JC
JCB
So what do ITV put in the show's place if it does get canned. I hope it ain't the Chase. Rolling Eyes

'You Just Can't Say Anything These Days' with Danny Baker.
RA
radiolistener

An extra hour of Lorraine?
oflahertya and Revolution gave kudos
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Tragedy On The Cliff by Elieen Dover.
AA
Aaron_2015
Jeremy Kyle is always the highest rated show for ITV each morning, so whilst it’s an appalling program ITV would never previously have axed it. When asked about the show at the TV festival last year, I seem to recall Kevin Lygo was quite embarrassed about the fact it’s their best performing show in the morning. Given what’s happened, I think this will (quite rightly) be the end of the show. ITV have been trying to move more upmarket recently, and dropping the show would certainly help.

With regards to what replaces it, would ITV be able to extend GMB and move Lorraine back an hour in the short term? An extra hour of GMB would be preferable to months of repeats, although it obviously depends on the availability of the crew and how it would affect This Morning.
JB
JasonB
I think a gameshow would be a good replacement. Win Lose or Draw anyone?
VM
VMPhil
There's a new Jerry Springer format coming later in the year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Jerry
LL
London Lite Founding member
JAS84 posted:
They should just give Jeremy some other shows. Probably documentaries. It's obvious that his Jerry Springer style format is finished now.

He already has a documentary strand, The Kyle Files.
WO
Woodpecker
I think a gameshow would be a good replacement. Win Lose or Draw anyone?

Yes! Bring back Bob Mills too!
BE
benriggers
BM11 posted:
I wonder what will fill the three hours of repeats scheduled on ITV2 each afternoon.

Today is Catchphrase followed by 3.40pm - 4.45pm Britain's Got Talent: Top Tens (having just looked)
JO
johnnyboy Founding member
Jeremy Kyle is always the highest rated show for ITV each morning, so whilst it’s an appalling program ITV would never previously have axed it. When asked about the show at the TV festival last year, I seem to recall Kevin Lygo was quite embarrassed about the fact it’s their best performing show in the morning. Given what’s happened, I think this will (quite rightly) be the end of the show.

I honestly doubt that this will be the end of the show. In addition to its own popularity, it must line up a lot of viewers for This Morning too.

Channel 5 would commission an axed Jeremy Kyle in a heartbeat. No matter what you think of the show (and I am not the biggest fan by any stretch), it is loved by millions and it can only be held accountable for the behaviour and actions of its participants away from the studio to a limited degree.
IN
Interceptor
Jeremy Kyle is always the highest rated show for ITV each morning, so whilst it’s an appalling program ITV would never previously have axed it. When asked about the show at the TV festival last year, I seem to recall Kevin Lygo was quite embarrassed about the fact it’s their best performing show in the morning. Given what’s happened, I think this will (quite rightly) be the end of the show.

I honestly doubt that this will be the end of the show. In addition to its own popularity, it must line up a lot of viewers for This Morning too.

Channel 5 would commission an axed Jeremy Kyle in a heartbeat. No matter what you think of the show (and I am not the biggest fan by any stretch), it is loved by millions and it can only be held accountable for the behaviour and actions of its participants away from the studio to a limited degree.

I'm not sure Channel 5 would be wanting to be seen as picking up a programme which (amongst other morally questionable things in its past) is a contributing factor in the death of a person (presuming it turns out that is what has happened).

Stopping production mid-series is a very grave signal indeed.

Newer posts