TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Are there too many spoilers? (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MU
Multi
When was the last time we saw any of the front rooms in the old housing in the street? since most of the time it goes straight to the Living room/kitchen ?

Amy Barlow's bedroom was seen not long ago in the front room of No. 1 and so was the living room of No. 13
BR
Brekkie
Aren't a couple of them open plan now?
:-(
A former member
I think only a few are open planned, Ken house isnt, nor is emily house I dont think Devs house is open plan either. Tyrone is the only one I think is open plan.
ST
Stuart
I think only a few are open planned, Ken house isnt, nor is emily house I dont think Devs house is open plan either. Tyrone is the only one I think is open plan.

Dev's and Chesney's houses are the only ones which are open plan (you can see the window onto the street next to the front door in both). Tyrone's is
definitely NOT open plan, neither is Kevin's, Emily's, Eileen's nor the Barlows'.

Of course, the unfortunately homicidal inflicted houses on the other side of the street are both open plan.

Have I missed anyone?
SP
Spencer

Dev's and Chesney's houses are the only ones which are open plan (you can see the window onto the street next to the front door in both). Tyrone's is definitely NOT open plan, neither is Kevin's, Emily's nor the Barlows'. Have I missed anyone?

Eileen! (Also not open plan).
ST
Stuart
Eileen! (Also not open plan).

LOL, I had already thought of that and edited accordingly. But ta, chuck! Very Happy
A former member
Tyrone in the duckworth house isn't he? I remember he used to live in another house which was open plan?
BR
Brekkie
I was thinking what was the Battersbys and Maria's house (is that Dev's now?), which IIRC just had an overnight makeover.

I rarely see Corrie now but from what I do see I'd say you see far more of the Platt house than you do of the any of the old houses.
AN
Andrew Founding member
I was thinking what was the Battersbys and Maria's house (is that Dev's now?), which IIRC just had an overnight makeover.

I rarely see Corrie now but from what I do see I'd say you see far more of the Platt house than you do of the any of the old houses.

No, the battersby house is still practically the same as when they had it.

Dev's house used to be the Connors, Danny Baldwin's, Curly Watts etc.
LE
Lester Founding member
I noticed double glazing doesn't seem to have really reached Coronation Street. In the remaining terraced streets of Salford it's wall to wall.
A former member
There really should have weekend omnibus for those classic episodes
MD
Mr D'Arcy
The older Corrie episodes are so much more professional and stylish than the modern ones. Slower pace, smaller cast, less episodes. Shame they've messed it all up now.

I thought ITV had gone past the 'last squeeze every drop out of our programmes' frame of mind, but clearly not.

Newer posts