The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Linked to the Met Office losing the contract?
NG
noggin Founding member
Linked to the Met Office losing the contract?

I wouldn't be surprised. Peter also presents/chairs Gardener's Question Time on Radio 4, and reports for other shows for the radio, in addition to his weather presenting (and forecasting) duties. I wonder if he will concentrate on these, or split his time between Met Office off-air duties and his continuing presenting/reporting work? Time will tell.
PI
picard
Small blooper just now, half way through the travel show, picture went to weather presenter for a few seconds, silence, and then back to the travel show.
DA
davidhorman
Is the ticker usually switched off during The Film Review ? There's just an empty red strap with the BBC NEWS logo.
FL
flaziola
Sounds like they dug out the iplayer copy and that red strap is used to cover the headlines that were there between 1745 and 1800 on Friday when the programme first aired.
HA
harshy Founding member
Sounds like they dug out the iplayer copy and that red strap is used to cover the headlines that were there between 1745 and 1800 on Friday when the programme first aired.

Why don't they just record the version without the ticker, or is it not available?
DV
dvboy

No reason why they couldn't put a ticker over the top of that though.
IL
i-lied
I noticed that there is an advert going round for the Brexit programme on BBC News. It's quite comical how Christian Fraser is using the Government's comments almost against them (or us again). Do we know if he presents it or if it's the on-duty presenter?
WO
Worzel
Any idea when the Christmas Tree's are going up in the newsroom? I'm sure they were up by this time last year.
RN
Rolling News
Any idea when the Christmas Tree's are going up in the newsroom? I'm sure they were up by this time last year.

Isn't it normally around the 19th when they go up?
IS
Inspector Sands
Is this someone from here in Leicester Square? Tumble Tower perhaps?:
https://www.facebook.com/BBCLondon/videos/1346427855398908
NE
News96
Well New Years Eve is going to be fun on The NC-Because Scotland have a diffrent schedule to the network, BBC1 Scotland have got their late news at 9:30 with the network having their late bulletin at 10:05 meaning the NC Will be showing the late bulletin twice.

Newer posts