The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

AS
AlexS Central (East) Midlands Today
yes
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
Moz posted:
Is World News Today always on the News Channel at 9pm on a Sunday.

Yes it has been since the 2015 cuts. It's Outside Source Mon-Thurs then World News Today Fri-Sun.

I still don't see how World News Today is any different to a generic World bulletin apart from the titles.
ittrgrey, SuperSajuuk and Moz gave kudos
HA
harshy Founding member
Those World News today titles must be the oldest now it’s had no change at all.
FF
FactorFiles World News
Moz posted:

I still don't see how World News Today is any different to a generic World bulletin apart from the titles.

That was really an excellent decision they had back in 2010 to change most of those different World Today slots into separate branded programs. Now that single World News Today just stands out as kind of weird and unnecessary

Having said that I do miss the openings of the 1999 and 2003 versions of The World Today with their unique soft open.

JF
JF World News West Country (East) Points West
Moz posted:

That was really an excellent decision they had back in 2010 to change most of those different World Today slots into separate branded programs. Now that single World News Today just stands out as kind of weird and unnecessary

Having said that I do miss the openings of the 1999 and 2003 versions of The World Today with their unique soft open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3qNZEYwLaw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKq8JGrDRlE

World News Today was in the Beyond 100 Days slot prior to 2017, I hope one day it returns to its full hour slot at 7pm on BBC World News, BBC Four & BBC News Channel
IE this format
[
Last edited by JF World News on 1 July 2019 5:45pm
IS
Inspector Sands
It's in the 7pm slot on all three channels on Fridays isn't it?
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
It's in the 7pm slot on all three channels on Fridays isn't it?

Only on World and BBC Four. On the News Channel it's a generic hour bulletin.
SS
SuperSajuuk Central Reporting Scotland
Looks like someone’s mobile phone number just got displayed for all to see on the news channel during the interview between Lukwesa and a guest from Sunderland. Embarassed
PL
plymouthbloke1974 West Country (West) Spotlight
Just looking at the BBC News at Ten - looks like new astons being used? And no ticker? When did this start?
SS
SuperSajuuk Central Reporting Scotland
Just looking at the BBC News at Ten - looks like new astons being used? And no ticker? When did this start?

It’s part of the News at Ten, so when we go back to the news channel, old style astons will be in use most likely.
PL
plymouthbloke1974 West Country (West) Spotlight
Ah ok - it looks really good. Hopefully the NC will adopt this soon 👍🏻
BO
Bo98 North Reporting Scotland

Noticed this too. It was not there in the programming just before this broadcast.

The bottom bar with the ident and time was replaced with something new at the start of the broadcast. No ticker as you say but perhaps that was a technical problem as there was space for it. It has since disappeared entirely and was definitely only on BBC News and not BBC One.

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic