The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Yes, the main bulletin is using the new Reithed graphics.

The NC briefly showed the new lower thirds before removing them...

A new live graphic was also included but I think the white background blocks out white I can only assume is white text with the red bar underneath...
MD
mdtauk
The BBC News logo, should probably remain below the Name and Occupation text. It looks bad and top heavy, sliding up above it.

The LIVE graphic, should have a black box behind it, to avoid it being washed out like that.

And the name in Uppercase, needs to be changed also.
BO
Bo98
Honestly, the whole thing seemed premature, which would explain the issues. It’s back to the old graphics after that bulletin and I guess we’ll see what happens tomorrow if it really was premature or not.
RN
Rolling News
Bo98 posted:
Honestly, the whole thing seemed premature, which would explain the issues. It’s back to the old graphics after that bulletin and I guess we’ll see what happens tomorrow if it really was premature or not.

As mentioned in the main font thread i think someone pressed a wrong button or something as Wednesday night seems a very strange time to launch a new graphics package.
WO
Worzel
Bo98 posted:

As mentioned in the main font thread i think someone pressed a wrong button or something as Wednesday night seems a very strange time to launch a new graphics package.

Especially as the surrounding pres hasn't been changed (the BBC News box on the OTS screens, the place names and '10' on the titles plus the music which we've been told will all be updated).

That's a pretty big mistake though. However I'm surprised there still seems to be issues with some of the elements, like the Live/Locator DOG and some of the graphics being in caps rather than mixed case (especially with how long this roll out is taking).

It looks like the ticker will become a flipper but I think the clock would be better positioned in the bottom left rather than right.

Also, why are the graphics still 4:3 safe? We're in 2019 for goodness sake.

Maybe someone in the gallery was getting tired of waiting and gave us a premature treat.
MO
Moz
Especially as the surrounding pres hasn't been changed (the BBC News box on the OTS screens, the place names and '10' on the titles plus the music which we've been told will all be updated)

I'm sure it's been said that only the BBC News 'tile' or box will change on the titles. The place names and 1/5/6/10 will all stay the same. Not heard anything about music changing.
WO
Worzel
Moz posted:
Especially as the surrounding pres hasn't been changed (the BBC News box on the OTS screens, the place names and '10' on the titles plus the music which we've been told will all be updated)

I'm sure it's been said that only the BBC News 'tile' or box will change on the titles. The place names and 1/5/6/10 will all stay the same. Not heard anything about music changing.

I seem to remember an insider on here saying the titles would be re-rendered with the Reith font and new music added (some of which is available on smart speakers).
RN
Rolling News
They should update the national titles it's about time. They've now lasted even longer than the 1993-99 blue virtual titles.
DA
davidhorman

Also, why are the graphics still 4:3 safe? We're in 2019 for goodness sake.

Just because you can push graphics right to the edges, doesn't mean you have to. With the ridiculous size of TVs people choose these days it's probably helpful to keep it nearer the middle.
MO
Moz
They should update the national titles it's about time. They've now lasted even longer than the 1993-99 blue virtual titles.

And that's a problem how?
MO
Moz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFQJfW44ixs

Anyone else think it'd look better if the BBC News box was above the black strap?
RN
Rolling News
Moz posted:

And that's a problem how?

I'm not saying its a problem, I'm just expressing how they've lasted such a long time, and how the nationals could do with a bit of a facelift.

Newer posts