The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

SC
scottishtv Founding member Central Reporting Scotland
I do not appreciate the attitude.

MW
Mike W London London
Baggate is in full swing, hope you never see behind the Breakfast sofa, or under the GMB desk!
BB
BBI45 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Baggate is in full swing, hope you never see behind the Breakfast sofa, or under the GMB desk!

We already know what is under the GMB desk (1:04):

This is the reason why an extra piece was later attached (1:29):
And of course, the thing you must not do if the ape is enraged is the Macarena.
MA
mannewskev
The Newsnight repeat on the NC fell off air last night part way through. Martine Croxall improvised another paper review.
IT
Ittr
The Newsnight repeat on the NC fell off air last night part way through. Martine Croxall improvised another paper review.

Video or pictures please?
MA
mannewskev

Here's a pic... https://twitter.com/GianlucAvagnina/status/966818914666762243
RK
Rkolsen World News

Here's a pic... https://twitter.com/GianlucAvagnina/status/966818914666762243

I take it she was doing the entire review by herself?
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Rare for a pre-rec to fall off air, but I guess for short turn around stuff like this, played out from a studio rather than a playout facility, there may not be the normal redundancy and resilience.
Last edited by Steve in Pudsey on 23 February 2018 10:50pm
Write that down in your copybook now.
IS
Inspector Sands
All programmes on the news channel are played out from a studio gallery, not a playout facility. But yes with something like Newsnight it's quick turnaround rather than being ready for days like Click or The Travel Show
RK
Rkolsen World News
All programmes on the news channel are played out from a studio gallery, not a playout facility. But yes with something like Newsnight it's quick turnaround rather than being ready for days like Click or The Travel Show

Isn’t Newsnight still on the air when BBC News starts playing it out?
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
RE
Rex London London

Correct me if I'm wrong - but BBC Two finishes airing Newsnight to hand over to the weather before the BBC News Channel repeat airs.
REEEEEEEEE
MA
Markymark Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today

Correct me if I'm wrong - but BBC Two finishes airing Newsnight to hand over to the weather before the BBC News Channel repeat airs.

Well, with the modern miracle of video servers, it’s hardly a technical challenge should there be an overlap !
--
Avatar credit: © BBC, ITA, BREMA 1967

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic