« Topics
ALV135 posts since 29 Dec 2017
BBC World News
Anyone noticed the News channel ticker font weight seems to be different at the moment?

It has been an issue for weeks. If you have access to previous recordings, this font weight problem only appears on Victoria Derbyshire, and it’s an occasional problem.

I’m not sure if it’s an issue with the Studio B gallery or just the show’s template, because when World is in B, this font weight issue didn’t exist.
ALV135 posts since 29 Dec 2017
BBC World News
Minor technical difficulties just now. At approximately 12:50-51, while an interview was being played during Newsroom Live, the clip dropped midway and went to a black screen for a significant amount of time. The screen then cut to Shaun Ley talking and bringing viewers to another story without acknowledging the error, making it seems like they didn't realize the error.
Jamesypoo1,461 posts since 3 Apr 2005
Anglia (East) Look East

Reith?

Yeah that sans-serif version.

The name is in serif, not sans - and looks really good. Some think it's "old fashioned" but I think the use of serif fonts is so ubiquitous on TV that this is really fresh.

That last sentence makes no sense.

Serif: "a slight projection finishing off a stroke of a letter in certain typefaces".

Sans: "without".

Sans serif: "without a slight projection finishing off a stroke of a letter in certain typefaces".
Norwich Designer
bilky asko gave kudos
Moz5,476 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Wales Today
Yeah that sans-serif version.

The name is in serif, not sans - and looks really good. Some think it's "old fashioned" but I think the use of serif fonts is so ubiquitous on TV that this is really fresh.

That last sentence makes no sense.

Serif: "a slight projection finishing off a stroke of a letter in certain typefaces".

Sans: "without".

Sans serif: "without a slight projection finishing off a stroke of a letter in certain typefaces".

I meant sans is ubiquitous - accidentally typed serif.
#skillsforlife
No further posts are being accepted for this topic