The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
Anyone noticed the News channel ticker font weight seems to be different at the moment?

I noticed that. The words seem larger and more in your face.
AL
ALV World News
Anyone noticed the News channel ticker font weight seems to be different at the moment?

It has been an issue for weeks. If you have access to previous recordings, this font weight problem only appears on Victoria Derbyshire, and it’s an occasional problem.

I’m not sure if it’s an issue with the Studio B gallery or just the show’s template, because when World is in B, this font weight issue didn’t exist.
WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
Did Shaun Ley's microphone fall off on his journey to the catwalk at 11am? There was a lot of rustling before he eventually appeared in shot at the screens and seemed to be fishing his lapel mic up through his jacket.
MO
Moz Wales Today

Perhaps something to do with the imminent refresh?
#skillsforlife
AL
ALV World News
Minor technical difficulties just now. At approximately 12:50-51, while an interview was being played during Newsroom Live, the clip dropped midway and went to a black screen for a significant amount of time. The screen then cut to Shaun Ley talking and bringing viewers to another story without acknowledging the error, making it seems like they didn't realize the error.
HA
harshy Founding member
Moz posted:
i hope they don’t use that font for the name dosent look good.

Reith?

Yeah that sans-serif version.
MO
Moz Wales Today
Moz posted:
i hope they don’t use that font for the name dosent look good.

Reith?

The name is in serif, not sans - and looks really good. Some think it's "old fashioned" but I think the use of sans* fonts is so ubiquitous on TV that this is really fresh. (*edited)
Last edited by Moz on 28 May 2019 2:32pm
#skillsforlife
JA
Jamesypoo Anglia (East) Look East
Moz posted:
Moz posted:

Reith?

The name is in serif, not sans - and looks really good. Some think it's "old fashioned" but I think the use of serif fonts is so ubiquitous on TV that this is really fresh.

That last sentence makes no sense.

Serif: "a slight projection finishing off a stroke of a letter in certain typefaces".

Sans: "without".

Sans serif: "without a slight projection finishing off a stroke of a letter in certain typefaces".
MO
Moz Wales Today
Moz posted:

The name is in serif, not sans - and looks really good. Some think it's "old fashioned" but I think the use of serif fonts is so ubiquitous on TV that this is really fresh.

That last sentence makes no sense.

Serif: "a slight projection finishing off a stroke of a letter in certain typefaces".

Sans: "without".

Sans serif: "without a slight projection finishing off a stroke of a letter in certain typefaces".

I meant sans is ubiquitous - accidentally typed serif.
#skillsforlife
HA
harshy Founding member
Moz posted:
Moz posted:

Reith?

The name is in serif, not sans - and looks really good. Some think it's "old fashioned" but I think the use of sans* fonts is so ubiquitous on TV that this is really fresh. (*edited)

Not a fonts expert but that particular version of font dosent look right.
WH
what West Country (East) Points West
This new graphic (top right) appeared on Newsroom Live earlier. Haven’t seen it before, could it be from the new package?
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
Probably. This is the BBC who can't just launch everything at the same time like a normal company.

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic