TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Big week of storylines and Corrie in HD from Monday (February 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
newsatten
Joined in the live chat !! One question I asked got answered - Whether Corrie would be made in HD, in the future. Her reply "we are still discussing making the show in HD " Very Happy
JE
Jez Founding member
I posted several questions but only one came up on the chat lol!
RB
RB
Anyone notice the music playing in Roy's Rolls last night?
Handel's Water Music (a.k.a. the Anglia stainless-steel-knight-on-a-turntable ident music).
If you did that's double geek points.
:-(
A former member
I don't think many like spoilers, but some might so here they are. I posted these on DS F as well

- Nick is back and chats up Tina and share a kiss
- Molly confronts Kevin over his weekend away with Sally
- Sophie throws Ben out of the house after making a pass at Michelle
- Tina is still angry that Jason is not divorced yet
- Becky is jealous when Steve and Claire kiss for panto
- Nick arrives back to the Platt household on Xmas Eve
- Molly slaps Kevin
- Sally announces she has breast cancer

I have to say apart from the Sally one, it seems like a basic Christmas.
ST
Stuart
Monday's episodes were awful considering they could've made so much of Carla's return.

Unfortunately they had to pad out the 50 minutes with pointless 'Dev golfing' or 'Dev in the pub' scenes once again. Is the character so one-dimentional, and the actor so useless, that their only function is to make people desire a commercial break more than the actual programme whenever they appear?

The 'Tony's Confession' plotline is now as unbelievable as the myth that Dev's shop makes a profit or that Sally Webster actually speaks with that accent.

Tony didn't murder anyone, and no amount of confessing will actually convict him of anything more than consipiracy to murder, or a spell in a secure psychiatric ward for being barking mad - and that's even if they catch up with the driver of the car and he enters an equally confessional state of mind!

There was so much more that could've been done with the current plot threads without resorting to something that has little more depth than an episode of Hollyoaks.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Kim Crowther's tenure as lead Corrie producer is coming to an end, she is stepping down to be replaced by former Doctor Who producer, Phil Collinson next year.

Can't say I'm particularly sorry.
JE
Jez Founding member
Me neither - although in fairness she has given the older characters a lot more to do than some previous producers, particularly Emily. And one of my fave ever storylines (Carla/Liam) was under Kim (although may have been created under Steve Frost). But yes I wont be that sorry to see her go - Corrie does need a real boost for its 50th anniversary so hopefully the new producer will have some of their new ideas in place by then.

A reminder that Corrie is on half an hour earlier tonight at 8pm following a 1 hour Emmerdale.
PT
Put The Telly On
This Kevin and Molly stuff is grating on me now. No wonder Michael Le Vell was getting fed up.
AN
Andrew Founding member
I can't believe Amy Barlow has been teaching Joshua Peacock swear words, and the D word at that. Shocked

Clur is a much more likable 'perfect mother' type character than Sally

Carla's return to the factory was good, she managed to silence Janice for a few seconds in the shock and snubbed both Sally and Rosie which was nice.
DA
David_02
Kim Crowther's tenure as lead Corrie producer is coming to an end, she is stepping down to be replaced by former Doctor Who producer, Phil Collinson next year.

Can't say I'm particularly sorry.

Seems she was pushed out as well. Apparently she wasn't intending to leave until after the 50th anniversary (and indeed she has spoken about planning storylines for Corrie's 50th but now she won't even be there next December).

I'm glad she's off. I haven't enjoyed her reign.
ST
Stuart
This Kevin and Molly stuff is grating on me now. No wonder Michael Le Vell was getting fed up.

I agree. I tend to fast forward through those bits! Confused
JE
Jez Founding member

I agree. I tend to fast forward through those bits! Confused

LOL! If you fastforward that and Dev you must miss half the episode Wink

I agree about Carla's return to the factory - it was brilliant.

Newer posts