TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Big week of storylines and Corrie in HD from Monday (February 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PA
pad
As usual with Corrie's 'big' episodes these were a total anticlimax.

It was just badly written and structured. That is NOT how you write two seperate episodes for broadcast on the same night, nor is it how you write the finale to the biggest storyline of the year!!! The event was really lessened by the second episode opening with Jerry flipping Morton stuffing some cake into his mouth! Evil or Very Mad

Very disappointing stuff indeed.
BR
Brekkie
So how long do we think it'll be until we see Tracy once again - Kate Ford or not - can't imagine them leaving her in there the full 15 years, though then again, if they do she'll probably be the surprise guest at Amy's 18th Birthday party.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Well they left Jim in the big house so they did.

Although he did break out once but I couldn't see Tracy do that

Kate Ford will be on Holby City by Christmas! Laughing
DA
David_02
Andrew posted:
I'm thinking maybe they filmed two lots of scenes outside as well, because how did they manage to keep it a secret when they all came out of Bradford City Hall a.k.a Weatherfield Crown Court all miserable

I was thinking that myself.

Anyway, what could have been a fantastic ending to what has been a very well written, well planned and structured storyline was - well - rubbish.

Whose idea was it to include crap like Liam and Leanne in what was supposed to be a dramatic conclusion. They really messed it up.

EDIT: Although it is currently the most popular story on the BBC News website if anybody cares.
TV
tvarksouthwest
So Bruce Jones was right!

Interesting comment from producers that Corrie is a moralistic programme - the person who's ultimately had the last laugh, posthumously, is Charlie Stubbs. Tracey was every bit as devious and manipulative as him so theirs was a fatally flawed pairing but if she hadn't killed him it would probably have been the other way round.

I can't help feeling some sympathy for Tracey, as she did put an end to Charlie's tyranny.
PA
pad
Here is the first picture of Coronation Street's Tracy Barlow as she sits in her prison cell facing up to 15 years behind bars.

Following last night's shock guilty verdict, viewers will next see Tracy on Sunday, April 8 when the murderess turns her back on her family after they refuse to fund her appeal.

A devastated Ken and Deirdre, whose marriage is already on the rocks, are left to come to terms with the loss of their daughter as well as their granddaughter's move to the Rovers to live with father, Steve.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a44759/corries-tracy-disowns-family.html
RO
rob Founding member
Brekkie Boy posted:

So at the end of the week Janice reports the Polish workers for being illegal immigrants and it's Joanne who ends up arrested - where did that come from?

From what I read in a newspaper
She came to the country illegally when she was young, and never had the right paperwork or something like that
DA
David_02
rob posted:
Brekkie Boy posted:

So at the end of the week Janice reports the Polish workers for being illegal immigrants and it's Joanne who ends up arrested - where did that come from?

From what I read in a newspaper
She came to the country illegally when she was young, and never had the right paperwork or something like that

Have they just completely forgotten about her sister then?
RO
rob Founding member
Andrew posted:
Kate Ford will be on Holby City by Christmas! Laughing

From today's Daily Mirror:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/itvcentre/kerber.jpg
DA
David_02
First episode: 11.3 million
Second episode: 11.8 million

Apparently there was a peak of around 12.6 million. Failed to beat Corrie's most watched episode of the year when Charlie died in hospital - that attracted 12.3 million viewers in overnights - but fantastic ratings nevertheless, especially when the evenings are getting brighter.

BBC News is also reporting that at the end of the episode, the National Grid saw an electricity surge of 1,600 megawatts - equivalent to 650,000 kettles being boiled at the same time.
JC
JCB
02cashindavid posted:
First episode: 11.3 million
Second episode: 11.8 million

Apparently there was a peak of around 12.6 million. Failed to beat Corrie's most watched episode of the year when Charlie died in hospital - that attracted 12.3 million viewers in overnights - but fantastic ratings nevertheless, especially when the evenings are getting brighter.

Considering all the OTT hype I would've expect more.
ST
stevek
Good God was that it, there was more of a climax at the end of my Infant school's Christmas play. (Jesus was born)

They could have really used the half hour gap as a cliffhager by ending on the Jury forman about to say guilty / not guilty at the end of the first episode.

The other scens were badly writted fillers, what was all that with jerry having an orgasm whilst stuffing a bacon butty down his throat, if they want the mortens to settle in they need to ditch stupid scenes like that Mad

and as for the fuss over number seven, is Liam so thick he can't see a 25 year old terrace house when he buys one, he said it had been standing for over one hundred years Confused

sorry jez I know you like him but he was being a dit dim over it. It would have been in the house particulars and the survey that it was built in 1982

Newer posts