TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Big week of storylines and Corrie in HD from Monday (February 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
newsatten
New opening titles now on the website:

http://www.itv.com/soaps/coronationstreet/news/newopeningtitles/

I like them. More modern and they'll look great in HD.

not sure what to think. Like the second half, but the first bit i.e City centre bit not so much. The bit where the birds change the scene is nice. Also is it just me or does it seem a bit blurry in parts - I expect the city centre scenes are suppose to be like that, but the second half seem abit blurry ( mabye it's just because it's on the internet not on TV! The end is proberly the nicest part of it.

Also as you say they should look great in HD! Music is good too , not too much of a change but a nice refresh.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
"A technical problem means the video is not available. Please try again later".

FFS - why is ITV so crappy at websites and online video?
NE
newsatten
Also Trailer for next week - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/videoplayer/

Not as good as the other "evil" tony one though!
BR
Brekkie
"A technical problem means the video is not available. Please try again later".

FFS - why is ITV so crappy at websites and online video?

By the time it loads I think I'll have seen them on TV!

EDIT: Got there eventually - agree the first parts look quite out of place - more Brookside or The Bill or something. Last half is very good though, and the tweaks to the music shouldn't be significant enough to cause anyone to complain.
IM
IM
Very interesting titles altough the point of High Definition is that you can see things more clearly so I do not know why they have decided to blur most of it! Can anyone 'rip' the music off that video?
ST
SillyTilly
Can anyone 'rip' the music off that video?

Coronation Street Theme Tune 2010
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
Got it eventually too.

Actually... that's pretty nice.
NE
newsatten
Instead of having to wait through ad's Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD6wzQYOTz8&feature=player_embedded
Last edited by newsatten on 26 May 2010 3:54pm - 5 times in total
MS
Mr-Stabby
I can't tell with my awful computer speaker, but is that a remastered arrangement of the old theme or a new recording? Actually sounds like a new recording.
BP
bpmikey
I can't tell with my awful computer speaker, but is that a remastered arrangement of the old theme or a new recording? Actually sounds like a new recording.

I'm sure its just the extended version of the current theme tune. I am sure I have heard it before.
NE
newsatten

I'm sure its just the extended version of the current theme tune. I am sure I have heard it before.

according to the corrie website "brand new music arrangement of our famous theme tune."

I Don't know how you can say it sounds like an extended version of the current theme - you can tell it's different, it's slower and less "high pitched" ( if you know what I mean!)
CH
chris
They're growing on me each time I watch them. As mentioned above, not sure about the images of Manchester City Centre. Nice to see they've put the new tram colours in the image of the Rovers though.

Newer posts