TV Home Forum

Morning Live

(September 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
Lorraine have done health bits, just not that often (although they've increased since the coronavirus came about).
CH
chris
They also look at the papers.
MA
Meridian AM
chris posted:
I just can’t see how this is any different to the other attempts at this kind of morning show on BBC One. I swear one of them was called ‘Morning Live’ too.

Well that's what some of us have been saying for the last 6 pages
Quote:
If you want a “lively and entertaining mix of topical content and expert advice”, why wouldn’t you watch Lorraine

Does Lorraine do much topical except showbiz news? Most of the expert advice I see on it is fashion tips. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not like anything the BBC do in daytime

Hillary Jones is on every morning with her.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
I'm guessing it'll effectively get a pilot run (it's commissioned for 40 episodes) before Christmas and then may return regularly. It does make sense on the whole to bring a few different shows under one brand but the name and presenting line up feels somewhat uninspired.

I wonder if due to Covid they're running low on new non-live programmes that would normally appear in this timeslot.
tightrope78 and Brekkie gave kudos
LV
LondonViewer
Can’t see this performing better than existing shows in that slot. Will be interesting do see the numbers.
IS
Inspector Sands
It'll do better than it would have done 2 years ago when Jeremy Kyle was on

17 days later

OM
Omnipresent
A trailer is now on the BBC Trailers YouTube channel:

dbl, watchingtv and UTVLifer gave kudos
UT
UTVLifer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQsKvleC5pk

In the end shot it showed a bit of the dock10 building so could this suggest that Morning Live will be coming from a studio in Salford and not NBH Studio V as most live daytime programming for BBC one tends to come from
MU
Multi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQsKvleC5pk

In the end shot it showed a bit of the dock10 building so could this suggest that Morning Live will be coming from a studio in Salford and not NBH Studio V as most live daytime programming for BBC one tends to come from

Possibly the space on the mezzanine level, previously used for Watchdog.
DM
DeMarkay
No doubt Breakfast will do a live handover to Gethin and Kym.
JL
JamesLaverty1925
Guessing if it is from Salford, they'll have a cover for Gethin on Friday's, as he's been announced as doing Strictly ITT from Elstree
FL
Flux
Guessing if it is from Salford, they'll have a cover for Gethin on Friday's, as he's been announced as doing Strictly ITT from Elstree

Not necessarily. He could quite easily do both if he wants to - ITT isn’t usually on air until the evening, plenty of time to get down from Salford to Elstree and he’s reporting rather than fronting the studio show which means much less preparation.

Newer posts