The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 16th July onwards

Split from BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
I mean a news bulletin. Not a sportscast.
NE
Newsroom

Ooh er missus! Very Happy

That’s actually not what I meant, Neil. Lol. Seriously.

I know this has been asked before: did Charlie ever present any other format of BBC News outside of Breakfast? Same with Dan?

Charlie would be quite good on a network bulletin, I guess.

Dan – depends if you count Sportoday / Sports Day, he has presented on Radio Five Live

Charlie Stayt was 2nd to Kirtsy Young when C5 News launched. He's to my knowledge not presented a network bulletin outside of Breakfast.

No chance of seeing him on Network mains at all.

Dan Walker although perceived as a 'sports' presenter is very qualified as a journalist - period. He's going nowhere fast unless lured by some insane offer.
AS
AlexS

That’s actually not what I meant, Neil. Lol. Seriously.

I know this has been asked before: did Charlie ever present any other format of BBC News outside of Breakfast? Same with Dan?

Charlie would be quite good on a network bulletin, I guess.

Dan – depends if you count Sportoday / Sports Day, he has presented on Radio Five Live

Charlie Stayt was 2nd to Kirtsy Young when C5 News launched. He's to my knowledge not presented a network bulletin outside of Breakfast.

Dan Walker although perceived as a 'sports' presenter is very qualified as a journalist - period. He's going nowhere fast unless lured by some insane offer.

Charlie has never done a network bulletin as far as I know but there are posts from many years ago on this site that suggest he has presented non breakfast news channel shifts on occasion.
NE
Newsroom
AlexS posted:

Charlie has never done a network bulletin as far as I know but there are posts from many years ago on this site that suggest he has presented non breakfast news channel shifts on occasion.

Oh that he has. Charlie has presented on the News Channel just never any network outside of Breakfast.
BR
Brekkie
Always felt he was an obvious choice to replace Mark Austin on the ITV Evening News back in the days when it was co-hosted.
TG
TG
any other format of BBC News outside of Breakfast? Same with Dan?

Only bits back on North West Today/Tonight, back in the Oxford Road days, for Dan.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
TG posted:
any other format of BBC News outside of Breakfast? Same with Dan?

Only bits back on North West Today/Tonight, back in the Oxford Road days, for Dan.

Wasn’t he on t’other side at Granada? I could swear he presented Granada News bulletins. I have no recollection of him on NWT at all.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Having looked into this, it seems Dan Walker was on both Granada and BBC North West. He started off at Granada (you can see him presenting a bulletin on this page: https://www.tvark.org/?page=2132) and then jumped ship to the BBC. For some reason I have no recollection of him on North West Tonight. Did he just do sports reporting rather than reading bulletins? That may be why I'd completely forgotten him as sport isn't my thing.
ST
South Today
Having looked into this, it seems Dan Walker was on both Granada and BBC North West. He started off at Granada (you can see him presenting a bulletin on this page: https://www.tvark.org/?page=2132) and then jumped ship to the BBC. For some reason I have no recollection of him on North West Tonight. Did he just do sports reporting rather than reading bulletins? That may be why I'd completely forgotten him as sport isn't my thing.

Indeed he did the sport in the mid 2000's.
ST
Stuart
Lowest-ever ratings for BBC Breakfast yesterday

Please stop! Shocked
JO
Jonwo
Lowest-ever ratings for BBC Breakfast yesterday

Please stop! Shocked

And I thought BM11 was bad enough with his BBC in crisis posts!
MI
m_in_m

Is this a new arrangement? Not seen it before myself.

Newer posts