The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 16th July onwards

Split from BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
Oh no! Shocked So, the background on DTL interviews from the newsroom isn't real . . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1iy8KnzfH0

They need to change that background before the Daily Mail gets wind of it..
Stay alert. Control the virus. Save lives.
ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
Oh no! Shocked So, the background on DTL interviews from the newsroom isn't real . . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1iy8KnzfH0

They need to change that background before the Daily Mail gets wind of it..

But not mid-sentence . . .
AndrewPSSP and fanoftv gave kudos
CU
Custard56 (previously Jay Lee) London
Another very high figure for Good Morning Britain yesterday according to Piers Morgan - peaking at close to 2m, which is usually what BBC Breakfast peaks at.

Does anyone know what BBC Breakfast / BBC News at 9am got? Breakfast's top spot is really being challenged these days. Notably, people like Dan Walker are keeping quiet on Twitter, when he usually responds to Piers Morgan.
AN
all new Phil Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Wasn’t that 2 million officially in Lorraine’s section though?
CU
Custard56 (previously Jay Lee) London

I think Good Morning Britain (the main show) was extended to cover Boris Johnson's speech, which was between 9:10-9:20am, if I recall correctly?
JO
Jonwo (previously Jonwo87)
I imagine BBC News was higher as usual.
JO

I think Good Morning Britain (the main show) was extended to cover Boris Johnson's speech, which was between 9:10-9:20am, if I recall correctly?

If BBC Breakfast wasn't on at that time then GMB isn't exactly beating it.
SQ
SierraQuebec Granada North West Today
Another very high figure for Good Morning Britain yesterday according to Piers Morgan - peaking at close to 2m, which is usually what BBC Breakfast peaks at.

Does anyone know what BBC Breakfast / BBC News at 9am got? Breakfast's top spot is really being challenged these days. Notably, people like Dan Walker are keeping quiet on Twitter, when he usually responds to Piers Morgan.

Not sure of peaks, but...

0600-0900
GMB: total 0.8m, 24.0% share
Breakfast: total 1.3m, 37.8% share

0900-1000
GMB with Lorraine: total 1.5m, 24.3% share
BBC News: total 2.0m, 32.7% share
JO
GMB is doing very well but it's not exactly beating BBC Breakfast, both have their own audiences that don't encroach on the other.
BF
BFGArmy Channel Channel Islands

'According to Piers Morgan' being the key words there. I wouldn't trust the man as I could throw him. And he has history of twisting things when he wants to - even when it comes to ratings. I remember how he mentioned that the evening edition of GMB 'beat' Love Island - despite the viewing average and audience share being larger for Love Island and this is with an England World Cup match as a lead-in.

I'd suggest too there are bigger things to worry about for Dan at the moment than whatever Pires is riled up today.
AndrewPSSP, Jonwo and Steve Williams gave kudos
DO
dosxuk Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)

You & Piers seem to be the only people saying this. What was it the other day? BBC Breakfast is officially number 2? Well it wasn't then and it isn't now.
AndrewPSSP, BFGArmy and Jonwo gave kudos
BG
Big-G Central (East) East Midlands Today
Over the last few weeks I have started watching GMB. At least Piers Morgan asks awkward questions to the politicians he's interviewing. Like why are the NHS running low on PPE and why are we not testing more key workers.

G

Newer posts