The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 16th July onwards

Split from BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RN
Rolling News
Take two shots for every post in reply to them.

Just hope my liver is strong enough.
AS
Asa Admin
Jonwo posted:
I don't get why someone who has constantly warned and issued bans keeps posting the same things they've been told not to post.

Indeed. They've been told it's their final warning so it's up to them whether they do it again. The irony is if they'd posted in the GMB thread just celebrating the success then there would be no issue. The desperation to kick Breakfast down each time with selective data is just odd. Anyway, moving on...
AN
Andrew Founding member
To be fair to Piers, Breakfast did rate unusually low yesterday and GMB was unusually high.

Breakfast still won though but the gap was only about 200k. Breakfast is usually double.

It’d be good for Breakfast if GMB could stay that close, and it wasn’t just a one day blip, as then they might stop just coasting along year after year
CA
Cando
It's hardly rocket science, Breakfast is mostly down from 6 to 7.30. ABC1 professionals and office workers are still mostly working from home. (Breakfast has a massive lead usually with these)
With no commute they don't need to be up or watch as much . GMB hasn't added any viewers, there share is up as less are watching in the morning.
Jonwo and Matthew_Fieldhouse gave kudos
AN
all new Phil
Is Breakfast’s audience really ABC1 professionals?
MA
Markymark
Is Breakfast’s audience really ABC1 professionals?

Perhaps only for 10 seconds every morning as they walk(ed) past the telly in their office's lobby.
TV
TVNewsviewer
Breakfast extended back to 9.15am from Monday. No sign of Worklife (business news programme) on the BBC News Channel though - looks like they are staying with Breakfast until 9. BBC News at Nine moving from BBC One to BBC Two.
RK
Rkolsen
Breakfast extended back to 9.15am from Monday. No sign of Worklife (business news programme) on the BBC News Channel though - looks like they are staying with Breakfast until 9. BBC News at Nine moving from BBC One to BBC Two.

My guide here on the US shows TBA. Maybe work life is returning? I don’t see how it’s that much more specialized than a regular business programme.
?
DV
DVB Cornwall
Sorry if mentioned already.... Local Bulletins return tomorrow ... 07 Sep 2020.
ST
Stuart
Breakfast have altered the seating positions on the sofa from today so they can dispense with that awful stool. They now both have laptops. I'm not sure why they didn't do this from the beginning, as it looks much better. The only reason one was sat in the middle was to use the screen within the desk.

Universal_r and BiggieSMLZ gave kudos
UT
UTVLifer
Breakfast have altered the seating positions on the sofa from today so they can dispense with that awful stool. They now both have laptops. I'm not sure why they didn't do this from the beginning, as it looks much better. The only reason one was sat in the middle was to use the screen within the desk.

Can anyone else get on the sofa now? Because didn't they gave the few in studio guests opposite Louise
MI
m_in_m
I don't think anyone other than the two presenters can be on the sofa but it works better now that the sports presenter is in the studio using the podium/business presentation point.

I think the seating positions they used worked quite well for having guests on the screens with both presenters involved. Since then they've started using box/overlays more frequently.

Newer posts