TV Home Forum

Coronavirus | Schedule Changes

(March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CO
cobbles
As we expected: https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl6p/2020/06/25
BBC One schedule didn't get the Coronavirus briefing listed in advance in the schedule until recently. Now it is no longer going to be on, they still have it there. The programmes that had been displaced to BBC Two will now doubtless fill the gap in their schedules on BBC One. I am looking forward to BBC Two filling the gap it now has.

Only listed until this Friday so looks like they were expecting it to end soon anyway.

I guess they'll just do some sort of Covid catch up on BBC News and shove that across or dig up some old eps of pointless.
CM
cmthwtv
BBC One schedule didn't get the Coronavirus briefing listed in advance in the schedule until recently. Now it is no longer going to be on, they still have it there. The programmes that had been displaced to BBC Two will now doubtless fill the gap in their schedules on BBC One. I am looking forward to BBC Two filling the gap it now has.

Only listed until this Friday so looks like they were expecting it to end soon anyway.

I guess they'll just do some sort of Covid catch up on BBC News and shove that across or dig up some old eps of pointless.

Don’t be silly. BBC One only air Garden Rescue these days.
AN
Andrew Founding member

Its never been in the printed listings, so they will have no problem filling the gap on either channel, as the schedules already exist
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
It has always been a late schedule change (though more recently done in batches of a week at a time rather than every day), some people had questioned why it was done that way - this is the exact reason. Of course, they had to decide to do this on the most complicated week when the moved episodes of Pointless had to be shuffled to accommodate the football.
BR
Brekkie
The schedulers could have had some fun in the last few weeks with some dummy programmes that they knew would never be shown.
SW
Steve Williams
It has always been a late schedule change (though more recently done in batches of a week at a time rather than every day), some people had questioned why it was done that way - this is the exact reason. Of course, they had to decide to do this on the most complicated week when the moved episodes of Pointless had to be shuffled to accommodate the football.

The football leading to the wonderful post on DigitalSpy the other week when someone seriously argued that the Beeb should show the entire match tomorrow on BBC1, and they should have asked the government to move the briefing to earlier the afternoon "with a less popular minister".

Sad to see the end of the fantasy schedules with the Daily Briefing in them, especially when they were doing them for Christmas Day. The Daily Briefing Christmas Special. With Chris Whitty and Tom Allen.
UKnews, AndrewPSSP and Jonwo gave kudos
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
The schedulers could have had some fun in the last few weeks with some dummy programmes that they knew would never be shown.

Arm Wrestling with Chas and Dave. Inner-City Sumo. Cooking in Prison. A Partridge Amongst The Pigeons. Youth Hosteling with Chris Eubank. Monkey Tennis.
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
Sad to see the end of the fantasy schedules with the Daily Briefing in them, especially when they were doing them for Christmas Day. The Daily Briefing Christmas Special. With Chris Whitty and Tom Allen.

Still, it might well come back for a second series...
AndrewPSSP, Soupnzi and Ash101 gave kudos
AN
Andrew Founding member

Once we’d got a few weeks in and everyone worked out the pattern, I would have put the Daily Update into the schedule. It would have been right more than it would have been wrong.

I mean they put Clap for Carers in the schedule and that could equally end at any moment, as it happens it did 2 weeks before the schedules caught up, but it was still correct for about the previous 8.

Rather than this random idea that there might be press conferences in the future, but nobody knows when, I think they should really have kept them once a week, as the scientists were useful in providing clear expert information without the political and media spin on top.

9 days later

BR
Brekkie
See ITV are moving the Broadchurch rerun to after the news from Monday. The Durrells begins a rerun on Sunday.

Also when Pointless moved back to BBC1 did they change series? They referenced the 2019 World Cup the other day but I'm sure last week were in around 2016/17 based on the questions.
JO
Jonwo

Also when Pointless moved back to BBC1 did they change series? They referenced the 2019 World Cup the other day but I'm sure last week were in around 2016/17 based on the questions.

They switched to the episodes they were airing just before lockdown.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Because the press conferences were dropped, BBC One continued for a while where BBC Two left off, until the jackpot was won in that block (as you may know the jackpot rolls over each time it isn't won) and I think this lasted for a week or so, so when it was reset to £1000 that was when they changed over.

Now it is a "newer" series, the copyright date is 2019 and the previous ones when it was shoved on BBC Two were I think copyright 2017. The date cut off for questions doesn't really mean anything, its just sort of rounded back to the nearest meaningful date depending on the subject.

They did debut "new" Pointless episodes on BBC Two for a while, but soon stopped doing that in favour of some older episodes.

Newer posts