TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TI
TIGHazard
Johnr posted:
Dale Winton has recently done a few interviews due to his new travel show on Channel 5, this part in one of them made me laugh :

"I would like to relive the millennium night. I was doing the Lottery show and the machine got stuck behind the doors on live TV and couldn’t get on set. It was the biggest draw of the year! If I knew what I know now, I’d just have kicked this bloody cable blocking its way – instead I talked tortuously for three minutes about absolutely nothing. It still gives me shivers!"

Here it is

Notice that Alan tells Dale to walk up to the machine, and he ignores him Laughing
bilky asko and paul_hadley gave kudos
LL
Larry the Loafer
I still love whoever it was on this forum who posted the immortal (and paraphrased) line way back when, "if you want to see Dale experience a cock-up himself, here's a video of the Lottery draw going wrong".
BA
bilky asko
I still love whoever it was on this forum who posted the immortal (and paraphrased) line way back when, "if you want to see Dale experience a cock-up himself, here's a video of the Lottery draw going wrong".

I wondered who it was myself... apparently I said it:
https://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post963570#post-963570
JamesLaverty1925 and Larry the Loafer gave kudos
RE
Revolution
In search of the next Saturday night extravaganza, BBC have turned to Syco and Cheryl. Pilot for 'The Greatest Dancer' has been filmed, and according to the Sun today the winner of the show will get an opportunity to perform on Strictly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43071142
LL
Larry the Loafer
For f***s sake...
JB
JasonB
For f***s sake...

Come back Noel, all is forgiven....
DA
davidhorman
What on Earth did "Cheryl" do to earn herself mononymity? Or is just because no-one can remember which surname she's using this week?
JO
Jon
Hiring Cheryl is one way to close the gender pay gap I guess.
LL
Larry the Loafer
I find Cheryl dull as dishwater, frankly. An unremarkable pop singer whose live performances have been proven to be below average who seems to have be granted seemingly undeserved respect and aforementioned mononymity for simply being a judge on a talent show, while everybody forgets about when she assaulted a toilet attendant because of her race.

Or is it just me?
DE
DE88
I'm more concerned with the fact that the BBC have actually turned to Simon Cowell.

Are they really *that* desperate?
Larry the Loafer, TIGHazard and james-2001 gave kudos
JO
Josh
DE88 posted:
I'm more concerned with the fact that the BBC have actually turned to Simon Cowell.

Are they really *that* desperate?

YOU DECIDE!
LL
Larry the Loafer
DE88 posted:

I'm honestly surprised Cowell even considered working with them. Wouldn't his relationship with ITV be at risk with he's producing shows for their bitter rival?

Newer posts