« Topics
D.Page
Patience, my friend.
D.Page
I bet their did, but just couldn't muster the engey. Was it bikes or boats?

Tandem Cyclists. I'm sure both new idents will be played to death in the coming days.

Tandem Cyclists ident, launched 6am on Network and all BBC1 Nations except Scotland who showed Mountain Rescue (oh, you rebels, Glasgow).
Video here:

One would have hoped Martin Parr would be learning on the job and making steady improvements so that all additions are worthy for use, compared with the dreadful earlier ones. Whilst some are better than others, ones such as this seem not worth the bother, IMO.
Inspector Sands13,979 posts since 25 Aug 2004
It does take a certain amount of brass neck and arrogance to continue wasting money on a format that clearly does not work.

They're probably not, it will have been paid or budgeted for right at the start. Canning them and doing something new would cost more. Reverting back to previous ones might do too if there's any licensing that needs renewing

Though reverting wouldn't really be an embarrassment to the BBC, these idents don't really seem to have hit the public consciousness even 5 months on
MMcG198679 posts since 14 Dec 2014
UTV Newsline
They're probably not, it will have been paid or budgeted for right at the start. Canning them and doing something new would cost more. Reverting back to previous ones might do too if there's any licensing that needs renewing
I understand that. What I'm getting at is that, at the very least, they could revise the brief and approach and try and recover the situation. The best they've come up with so far is to add that utterly pointless glow effect to the 'Oneness' logo. At this stage, you'd like to think you'd be seeing some sort of improvement. But that cyclists sequence is one of the worst yet. The whole project is so uninspired and boring. It's so sad to think that these are BBC One idents.