TV Home Forum

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Sunday 8pm on ITV (February 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
This really probably should have been just one show. Certainly not a 6 part run in the lead up to Christmas.
TV
iloveTV1
This does seem like a weird commission. Why not just have a clip show like they have for catchphrase instead of specifically focussing on the winners.

Although I would love them to show The Major’s full episode.
JO
jordanhowell
Some WWTBAM tracks now on Apple Music/Spotify/iTunes:

http://smarturl.it/wwtbam

Not the full soundtrack by any means, but it does include a ‘Last Night On Super Millionaire’ bonus track.
JA
JAS84
Johnr posted:
It says it’ll feature ‘hilarious’ highlights from the celebrity editions as well as the millionaires

I can’t see Chris being a talking head in it though, he seems to have tried distancing himself from the show somewhat since leaving apart from a few comments on Ingram when the Quiz drama cans out

He's in the trailer.
JO
Jon
JAS84 posted:
Johnr posted:
It says it’ll feature ‘hilarious’ highlights from the celebrity editions as well as the millionaires

I can’t see Chris being a talking head in it though, he seems to have tried distancing himself from the show somewhat since leaving apart from a few comments on Ingram when the Quiz drama cans out

He's in the trailer.

He is indeed in the longer one at least!

I’m glad they’ve got Tarrant to talk, because he always seems reluctant to talk about the new version, so for him to be involved with a programme by the new production team is quite nice.
BR
Brekkie
I think that has always been more out of respect than there being any issue. People forget too that he wasn't axed and neither was the show - it was the show that was axed after he quit, being much older than we all probably thought he was.

To me though this is the equivalent of a Netflix Crime Documentary - an interesting story which I'd probably watch if it was a one-off, but as a series I'm really not so sure. Then again maybe if you do view it as a crime documentary it might be more interesting - maybe ITV have isolated all the coughing in an effort to claw back all the winnings. Very Happy
ST
steddenm
It seems that some of the clips used in tonight's clip show are taken off Challenge and have had their DOG blurred out (quite badly). Wonder if Stelify Media don't have the rights to the original Celador production?
JO
Jon
It seems that some of the clips used in tonight's clip show are taken off Challenge and have had their DOG blurred out (quite badly). Wonder if Stelify Media don't have the rights to the original Celador production?

Of course Stelify (Sony) have the rights. Regardless if they weren’t allowed show the clips, taping them of Challenge wouldn’t be a get around.
MarkT76, Joe and SuperSajuuk gave kudos
SS
SuperSajuuk

That would be very strange (and frankly an odd reason), given that the Millionaire brand and all episodes were sold to Sony back in 2005/2006. And Stellify have a direct partnership with Sony to use any part of the brand for the UK Millionaire.

I feel that it is far more likely Sony don't have any original tapes any more (I mean it took Challenge a long time just to find Series 1-4 and even some of these were unusable for broadcasting) and that Sony have agreed to reusing Challenge repeats for any clips they need.
JO
Johnr
The way they're mixing up the clips is sending me a bit dizzy to be honest!
JO
Jonwo
It's a bit odd that Sony don't have the original tapes but I suppose there is no real value in them apart from the big Million Pound wins.
SS
SuperSajuuk
Jonwo posted:
It's a bit odd that Sony don't have the original tapes but I suppose there is no real value in them apart from the big Million Pound wins.

With the amount of butchering done to them in the early days of repeating the Series 5+ episodes, I'd be very surprised if the originals even exist any more in the first place!

Newer posts