TV Home Forum

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Someone’s going to be a Millionaire - ITV

SS
SuperSajuuk Central Reporting Scotland
ITV have announced that, starting 21st November, there will be an episode dedicated to each of the £1 million winners, starting with Judith Keppel's win: https://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week48/who-wants-be-millionaire-million-pound-question
Last edited by SuperSajuuk on 7 November 2020 8:54pm
RD
RDJ Central (West) Midlands Today
Slightly strange given that the only contestant of any memorable note to win the Million is Judith Keppel. Unless they do an ep of Charles Ingram’s exploits.
Central News South January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
RDJ posted:
Slightly strange given that the only contestant of any memorable note to win the Million is Judith Keppel. Unless they do an ep of Charles Ingram’s exploits.

Well, Pat Gibson did pretty well after Millionaire...

Avatar Credit: © Independent Television News. Avatar Subject: Jonathan George Snow HonFRIBA
JO
Jonwo
I don't think it'll be dedicated to each winner. I imagine it'll be themed for different moments in the show's history.

Six episodes is a lot and I suspect it won't rate that well.
SC
Score Granada North West Today
Don’t think it’s stripped either unless I’ve misread - looks like it’s weekly in the Sunday 8pm slot.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
And for those interested it looks like it'll be an annoying show interrupted by talking heads rather than a straight repeat.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
JO
Johnr
It says it’ll feature ‘hilarious’ highlights from the celebrity editions as well as the millionaires

I can’t see Chris being a talking head in it though, he seems to have tried distancing himself from the show somewhat since leaving apart from a few comments on Ingram when the Quiz drama cans out
SC
Score Granada North West Today
6 episodes of this seems an awful lot.

Wonder if it’s a lockdown commission, from back when they weren’t sure what they’d be able to make for the Autumn, that is now being burned off.
SS
SuperSajuuk Central Reporting Scotland
Score posted:
Don’t think it’s stripped either unless I’ve misread - looks like it’s weekly in the Sunday 8pm slot.

The press briefing I linked earlier shows this: Week 48 2020 : Sat 21 Nov - Fri 27 Nov

Implying stripped? Unless I'm missing something or have entirely misrepresented what this line means. Very Happy

Also, I don't understand the rather pointless embargo warning at the top of the message when... they've put it in a public place, ie the internet, that anyone can see.
Last edited by SuperSajuuk on 7 November 2020 8:42pm
DM
DeMarkay London London
Jonwo posted:
I don't think it'll be dedicated to each winner. I imagine it'll be themed for different moments in the show's history.

Six episodes is a lot and I suspect it won't rate that well.

Score posted:
6 episodes of this seems an awful lot.

Wonder if it’s a lockdown commission, from back when they weren’t sure what they’d be able to make for the Autumn, that is now being burned off.

Six winners = Six episodes.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Score posted:

The press briefing I linked earlier shows this: Week 48 2020 : Sat 21 Nov - Fri 27 Nov

Implying stripped? Unless I'm missing something Very Happy

Also, I don't understand the rather pointless embargo warning at the top of the message when... they've put it in a public place, ie the internet, that anyone can see.

It's how TV info is published - the programme airs in Week 48. The other episodes would be listed if they did - and as it is I'm a Celeb season there simply aren't the slots in primetime for it to air.

Agree the embargo is ridiculous for a publicly available site.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.

13 days later

JO
Johnr
Robert Brydges declined to take part in the series supposedly so he won't be a talking head for Episode 3...

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep3week50/who-wants-be-millionaire-million-pound-question

Newer posts