TV Home Forum

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Someone’s going to be a Millionaire - ITV

JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
Uh oh. The audience have it wrong here.

This is exactly why I didn’t check the thread whilst it was on.
DM
DeMarkay London London
No one got it right!
BK
bkman1990 UTV Newsline
I don't believe it. Is that a first time ever for the show?
TM
TMD_24 Anglia (East) Look East
It's happend before I think.
Does Graham Norton have Norton Security installed on his computer?
JO
Johnr
Several times, usually always with hilarious questions!

Yandere Gaming and watchingtv gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay London London
I don't believe it. Is that a first time ever for the show?

Nope, it’s happened four times before.
Last edited by DeMarkay on 2 January 2019 1:11am - 2 times in total
LL
Larry the Loafer Granada North West Today
It's a little bit of a shame it's not live this series. It's still enjoyable but it doesn't feel quite as "eventful" as the last run.
GB
Gary Baldy Granada North West Today
It's a little bit of a shame it's not live this series. It's still enjoyable but it doesn't feel quite as "eventful" as the last run.

The last run wasn’t live either.
bilky asko, UBox and Brekkie gave kudos
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Well if nothing else ITV have possibly found another Chaser.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
NicB1971, TVMan and TVFan2017 gave kudos
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
I hope they sort out the little things this series such as using the full musical arrangement for the money tree, rather than using the same musical chord for many of the questions. In the original, the music used to utilise a full chord progression - in order to inject drama and tension the further the contestant went.

Other than that, it was bang on and heaps better than the 2011-2014 series which had many presentational flaws.

They listened to me!!! The full arrangement of music was used!!

Hopefully they use the correct fonts this time for the money tree and the surrounding graphics.

They listened to you also @PFMC84 - the correct font was used!!

They also got rid of making a big issue of transferring the money by electronic transfer by pressing a button rather than handing out a cheque, which was slightly irritating last time.

And the music for a correct answer was not then jumbled up with lights down for the next question. In the Summer, these were conjoined together as the camera panned out which was not brilliant. Tonight, there was a definitive few seconds space between the two, which was perfect and how it should be.

Very slick tense programme tonight!!! Really satisfying camera angles and lighting also!! Really enjoyable!!
Last edited by Juicy Joe on 2 January 2019 10:29am - 2 times in total
NB
NicB1971 Central (West) Midlands Today
Production values seemed more polished tonight. The last series seemed as though it was trying to better itself from the Chris Tarrant version, this was concise, better paced. The on-screen question images were more legible. Jeremy Clarkson appeared to be more settled and a much better (nicer?!) host. I liked it.
SuperSajuuk, Richard and DavidWhitfield gave kudos
DW
DavidWhitfield Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Agreed.
No waffle.
Just good quizzing and some laughs courtesy of Clarkson's dry humour.
Also good to see they sorted the graphics out (and canned that horrific gimmick of 'when I push this button, the money will be transferred into your account' rubbish they did last time when the contestant finished their game.
A brilliant programme overall.
They've got it bang on.
Guess who's big in the back time!

Newer posts