TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Meridian AM
Saves us all from an enforced red-and-whitening of the entire studio tomorrow.

Have England won something? Confused

Arsenal won. Red and white are their colours.
BR
Brekkie
Ah, I forgot FA Cup victories were still considered important by Arsenal fans. Very Happy
BA
Barney99
Anybody know a date for Susanna's return? Not that I'm impatient, but next Monday would do Very Happy
:-(
A former member
I’d guess 1st Sept with Piers.
JB
JasonB
I think the GMB viewers wouldn't mind if Piers took an extended break.
KE
kernow
I think the GMB viewers wouldn't mind if Piers took an extended break.

I expect some viewers probably wouldn't mind if he took an indefinite break
SO
Soupnzi
How long is it since Richard Madeley stood in? He is the only stand-in really who has ever managed to deliver Piers-style viral moments and headlines (I’m thinking of the Gavin Williamson interview).

Purely speculating, but one wonders if Piers got rattled by a genuine competitor and told the bosses not to use him so much?
JO
Jon
Don’t forget Judy is quite a bit older than Richard and I think she’s possibly had health issues in the past so he might not want to risk it. Of course they have been on TV together since lockdown, with a socially distanced crew in their house.

Apparently Piers & Richard were meant to be presenting GMB on International Men’s Day last year. But I think Richard ended up going to Australia for his son in laws appearance on I’m A Celeb when that was due to happen.

To be honest there hasn’t been many opportunities for him to cover this year until now. I wouldn’t read too much into him not appearing recently given everything that’s been happening.
BS
Ben Shatliff
Jon posted:
Don’t forget Judy is quite a bit older than Richard and I think she’s possibly had health issues in the past so he might not want to risk it. Of course they have been on TV together since lockdown, with a socially distanced crew in their house.

Apparently Piers & Richard were meant to be presenting GMB on International Men’s Day last year. But I think Richard ended up going to Australia for his son in laws appearance on I’m A Celeb when that was due to happen.

To be honest there hasn’t been many opportunities for him to cover this year until now. I wouldn’t read too much into him not appearing recently given everything that’s been happening.

During a time when Richard was being interviewed he and Piers spoke about if they ever presented together.

There is no reason why it shouldn’t happen sometime.

With the new promo showing a similar 1983 field with the logo; do we think we may see a new look or some changes in September?

A refresh can still be done with social distance.
BR
Brekkie
They only refreshed in January didn't they, though undid most of it when lockdown hit.
DM
DeMarkay
Has anyone got a capture of the new promo?
GM
Gary McEwan
Kate has announced that Ben is leaving for a bit to focus on the socially distanced Tipping Point.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-kate-garraway-announces-gmb-22470873

Newer posts