TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain

CA
cal0906 Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
The ITV announcement just before the regional news showing the Daytime schedule usually shows a picture of the GMB presenters for the next day. It showed Ben & Kate today.
HJ
HJL Spotlight
I will be interested to see who presents the final hour with Lorraine. I haven’t watched the final hour this week but I would have expected someone more journalistic that Kate or Ben. Lorraine can hold her own - she doesn’t need either of them to hold her hand!
Barney99 and Ben Shatliff gave kudos
CA
cal0906 Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
HJL posted:
I will be interested to see who presents the final hour with Lorraine. I haven’t watched the final hour this week but I would have expected someone more journalistic that Kate or Ben. Lorraine can hold her own - she doesn’t need either of them to hold her hand!

I should think it'll be Ben, Kate will probably do 6-6:30, Ben will join her until 9 then Lorraine will join Ben until 10 I'm guessing.
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Presumably Ben.

Lorraine might be able to take the lead and manage to get to the end of a sentence before being cut off
BA
Barney99
HJL posted:

I should think it'll be Ben, Kate will probably do 6-6:30, Ben will join her until 9 then Lorraine will join Ben until 10 I'm guessing.

Sounds about right. The Ben and Lorraine team should be interesting. Can't recall them presenting together before.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
I don't really see why Lorraine needs a co-host.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
Charlesy, HJL and Barney99 gave kudos
BA
Barney99
I don't really see why Lorraine needs a co-host.

Agree, and certainly not Kate.
RN
Rolling News Recently warned Central (East) East Midlands Today
HJL posted:

Sounds about right. The Ben and Lorraine team should be interesting. Can't recall them presenting together before.

I don't think they have. Lorraine certainly never presented the main GMTV show after 2000. I kept thinking she presented Daybreak with Ben in 2012 but then I realised that wasn't true.
RH
richard h
Locally in Cornwall today the queues and shop floor management at two Supermarkets I visited were being run effectively. Once in probably the best shopping experience in a Supermarket, for the time of day, for many many years, if ever.

Good to hear
RH
richard h
Locally in Cornwall today the queues and shop floor management at two Supermarkets I visited were being run effectively. Once in probably the best shopping experience in a Supermarket, for the time of day, for many many years, if ever.

I see from local Facebook sites, my local Sainsburys had a queue of people all round the car park, all keeping a proper distance from each other. 10 in, 10 out, all very calm and civilised apparently

Excellent lets hope people keep it up
JW
JamesWorldNews Central World News
HJL posted:

Slightly contradictory, if you don’t mind me saying so. I agree with your sentiment that Lorraine can hold her own. But you also say that if she ‘must’ be paired with someone, you’d prefer it was someone with a more journalistic background! (Perhaps it’s just my cabin-fever playing up, but those suggestions appear to somehow contradict).

Also, as for someone with a “more journalistic background than Kate”, isn’t Kate a journalist?

I’d quite like to see Lorraine and Kate presenting together.
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Yes, somebody who started their career in local newspapers and was TV-am's Scotland correspondent before becoming a regular presenter on the original Good Morning Britain definitely needs somebody "more journalistic" to co present with them.

It's not like she was presenting serious news-led programmes over 30 years ago

Write that down in your copybook now.

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic