TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain

RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
Trust Breakfast to have the "fill in" Sally Nugent on a day when Good Morning Britain goes in all guns blazing. Talk about a slap in the face for Breakfast. They may as well give up and go home. Oh well.

Sally is more than familiar and capable enough to “fill in” on Breakfast when the “main” faces are away - she is after all been the programmes main sport presenter for the last 8 years! Just because Breakfast doesn’t attract the likes of Richard Madeley, Eamonn Holmes or Bill Turnbull to cover doesn’t mean Sally shouldn’t cover for Louise Minchin. She’s more than familiar enough to viewers who only ever watch Breakfast and wouldn’t be seen dead watching GMB.
ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
Well it certainly has been a breath of fresh air this morning watching Bill. Also I must say the chemistry between Bill and Susanna is much better than it was on Breakfast.

Must say I had a little giggle at Bill's comment about the time keeping (or lack thereof) at the 8[:05] TOTH.

Here we are . . . complete with some 'pips' into the regional opts.
JW
JamesWorldNews Central World News
Nice one, Stuart!

Good old Bill. He’s fantastic. And a complete pro.

I’m with him on the timekeeping: tighten it up, Erron!
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
CA
Cando London London
Great to see Bill looking so well
JO
Jonwo
Bill Turnbull was good, would be interesting to see if he'll stand in more often after his stint as it would be interesting to see him present with Kate, Ranvir, Charlotte etc
KA
Karl072 Granada North West Today
Can’t begin to describe how much I loved seeing Bill back on breakfast TV this morning. Absolute breath of fresh air. Loved it and hope to see him more in the future
DeMarkay and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
AN
all new Phil Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Anyone else feel like we’re seeing the beginning of the end of Piers on GMB? Fair to say he’s crossing the line a little too often now and starting to harm the show.

As an aside I was listening to Five Live in the car the other day and it struck me how good Tony Livesey would be on GMB.
BBI45, dbl and jamiehotrocks gave kudos
IS
Inspector Sands
Anyone else feel like we’re seeing the beginning of the end of Piers on GMB? Fair to say he’s crossing the line a little too often now and starting to harm the show.

With a personality like that there will always come a time when they'll go too far or make a massive mistake and it'll be goodbye. It's just a matter of time.

I suspect recent events are putting some pressure on ITV, plus he is starting to undermined their commitment to mental health issues.
Quote:

As an aside I was listening to Five Live in the car the other day and it struck me how good Tony Livesey would be on GMB.

Possibly, an ex-tabloid editor too of course, albeit not as serious a newspaper!
MA
Markymark Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
Can’t begin to describe how much I loved seeing Bill back on breakfast TV this morning. Absolute breath of fresh air. Loved it and hope to see him more in the future

My wife exasperated by the sports news on BBC Breakfast says she flicked over to GMB. She'd forgotten Bill was going to be there, but she remained tuned in until leaving the house. She did think that Kevin Maguire and Andrew Pierce seemed to be cold shouldering him?
JA
jacobmorton_27 Anglia (West) Look East
Have to say as well I enjoy watching Piers on GMB and have never been a BBC Breakfast viewer, but I’ve really enjoyed watching Bill this week. If the circumstances were different, I think they’d try and get him on permanently.
Ittr, Toasty603 and 030293 gave kudos
MA
Markymark Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
Here we are . . . complete with some 'pips' into the regional opts.

Someone at the Beeb will be jumping up and down about that. They (the BBC ) don't allow use
of the pips for anything than a genuine time check, and if they do get used in 'jest' at least one pip has
to be removed.

Personally, I think it's all bollocks, but I'm just saying.......
ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
Billy seems to be having fun with his appearance on GMB, and improvements have already happened. Lovely. Thumbs up

It'll be interesting to see whether this has had any effect on the viewing figures.

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic