TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AL
alexjac0788
BBI45 posted:
Some people on Twitter have replied to him, saying they don't like his voice on this programme.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrAlexanderBean/status/1300350121696206849

Now that's just uncalled for. If you don't like it, that's fine. You're within your rights to dislike something. However, I don't get why people feel the need to s*** on his parade, especially not on his social media pages. He's clearly happy with what he's done, and he should be able to enjoy that satisfaction. I get that it's only a few people, but that doesn't make it OK.

Completely agree. It doesn't fit with the programme IMO, but that's not to say it's a bad VO in itself and there's no need to tweet him directly! He is clearly good at what he does, but this just needs some tweaking, or, failing that, reverting back.
JO
Jonwo
BBI45 posted:
Some people on Twitter have replied to him, saying they don't like his voice on this programme.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrAlexanderBean/status/1300350121696206849

Now that's just uncalled for. If you don't like it, that's fine. You're within your rights to dislike something. However, I don't get why people feel the need to s*** on his parade, especially not on his social media pages. He's clearly happy with what he's done, and he should be able to enjoy that satisfaction. I get that it's only a few people, but that doesn't make it OK.

I personally think people should keep their opinions to themselves rather than hurt people's feelings by tweeting them!
ST
Stuart
Sounded OK to me this morning at 06:00.
NA
natoswald
Sounds like they did a re-record of the voiceover yesterday..
FA
fanoftv
Yeah, it sounded a lot lighter this morning.

Charlotte is back with just the standard opening, I expected the overnight highlights to return.
ST
Stuart
The desk pods are back to allow more presenters around the desk.
OA
Owen A
Have to say, still think the ticker looks bad. The # is in the wrong place, and the headline would look better moved above the ticker; rather than touching it, as everything else is spaced away from each other. Personally, I much prefer the flipper
UB
UBox

Interesting. On that image the clock is above the ticker slightly but on my TV they're in line.
JT
JackTheTellyFan
UBox posted:

Interesting. On that image the clock is above the ticker slightly but on my TV they're in line.

It was only like this because it was dropping off for the ad break
BB
BBI45

Rexogamer, watchingtv and DeMarkay gave kudos
TV
TV forumer
I really can't understand why they would revert back to the standard 6am opening for the half hour with Charlotte and Co.
The original opener was amazing and flowed really well ; as was the music really good too!

It now just seems bland and has no real difference from the main 6:30am-9am show now either.
As for the ticker, I did notice this morning a few of the sections were misaligned from the section that came either before or after. Just looked rather untidy.

Definitely a step back or 2 in my opinion (For what it's worth anyway!)
BR
Brekkie
One thing I thought was poor in that headline sequence was the phrasing "EXCLUSIVE: Life for Cop Killers", when really in the style of tabloid headline writing it needed a question mark after it as it was a desire from the wife of a murdered cop rather than a new policy.

Newer posts