TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain

GM
Gary McEwan Central Reporting Scotland
I notice that today they've removed the 'NHS England' logo from the backdrop, and replaced it with the message 'NHS We love you'.

There was never nothing ‘England’ about it. It’s just the standard nhs logo... same one that’s used in Wales and Scotland and Northern Ireland... NATIONAL health service.... rant over... we do exist across the borders too mind...

The NHS England logo was used yesterday and it's now been updated. Wales and Scotland have completely different logos and the NHS in Northen Ireland is actually called HSCNI.
Last edited by Gary McEwan on 17 April 2020 10:39pm
FB
FBC London London
(edit: whoops... double post. Sorry!)
FB
FBC London London
There was never nothing ‘England’ about it. It’s just the standard nhs logo... same one that’s used in Wales and Scotland and Northern Ireland... NATIONAL health service.... rant over... we do exist across the borders too mind...

IS
Inspector Sands
What's the situation with the NHS in The Channel Islands and Isle of Man
PE
peterh Central (East) East Midlands Today
As far as I can work out on the Isle of Man a government department for health and social care work similarly to but not part of the nhs although reciprocality exists but so do some costs . In jersey and guernsey from what I see online there’s a largely private scheme overseen via the governments and various schemes for locals to get stuff other than emergency health care for less of a charge than otherwise - accident and emergency is free in all 3 societies. This from what I can tell residents in iOm jersey and guernsey might offer more info but from what I an see that’s a summary
JO
Joe
As far as I can work out on the Isle of Man a government department for health and social care work similarly to but not part of the nhs although reciprocality exists but so do some costs . In jersey and guernsey from what I see online there’s a largely private scheme overseen via the governments and various schemes for locals to get stuff other than emergency health care for less of a charge than otherwise - accident and emergency is free in all 3 societies. This from what I can tell residents in iOm jersey and guernsey might offer more info but from what I an see that’s a summary

I can see why they didn’t put that on the backdrop.
ID
Identity Wales Wales Today

It’s the generic uk logo also. NHS uk is just that logo. When it has the word ‘England’ under it... then it’s nhs England. They are hardly going to put all 4 variants for each region of it on the screen are they... just type in google images ‘NHS UK logo’...
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
That logo was originally created for use by a now-defunct NHS executive board or something similar I believe, in the early '90s, before then coming into use as a general logo later in the decade.
FL
Flux London London

It’s the generic uk logo also. NHS uk is just that logo. When it has the word ‘England’ under it... then it’s nhs England. They are hardly going to put all 4 variants for each region of it on the screen are they... just type in google images ‘NHS UK logo’...

I'm sorry, but it really isn't. There is no NHS UK. They all function independently. It's just that the England logo is often incorrectly used to represent all 4 by people who don't realise all 4 nations work separately, a problem which unfortunately isn't limited to the NHS logo.
ID
Identity Wales Wales Today
Flux posted:

I'm sorry, but it really isn't. There is no NHS UK. They all function independently. It's just that the England logo is often incorrectly used to represent all 4 by people who don't realise all 4 nations work separately, a problem which unfortunately isn't limited to the NHS logo.

What does NHS stand for?
NG
noggin Founding member
Flux posted:

What does NHS stand for?

National Health Service.

There are often deemed to be 4 nations that make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (Yes - some will argue only Scotland and England are nations, Wales a principality - but others will disagree...) so there are 4 National Health Services, one for each Nation?
Stuart, Cando and Andrew Wood gave kudos
ET
ethanjbrady89
Flux posted:

What does NHS stand for?

National Health Service
Last edited by ethanjbrady89 on 18 April 2020 4:49pm

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic