TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DB
dbl
Can't wait for PromaxBDA this year, see if it wins any awards. Rolling Eyes
JA
james-2001
At least with someone bowling there's actually some "action" after the inital pose, rather than the milling around of most of these idents.
:-(
A former member
Its the fact they're still look straight into that camera and it will always remind me of this: https://youtu.be/y2QS-aLGSGE?t=435
DA
davidhorman
We appear to have a new announcer on network BBC One tonight, who pronounces Thunderball with an F and the letter H as "haitch". More dumbing down at the BBC.

Whatever next? Geordies narrating popular light entertainment programmes?

Best not watch Eastenders. You'll have a fit.
DP
D.Page
We appear to have a new announcer on network BBC One tonight, who pronounces Thunderball with an F and the letter H as "haitch". More dumbing down at the BBC.

Whatever next? Geordies narrating popular light entertainment programmes?

Best not watch Eastenders. You'll have a fit.

That announcer has been on BBC1 and BBC2 many times recently.
JO
Jonny
God forbid they could have demonstrated the imagination to capture something vaguely exciting by shooting from the other side and recording a strike.

I mean, doesn't that seem obvious?
WO
Worzel
Jonny posted:
God forbid they could have demonstrated the imagination to capture something vaguely exciting by shooting from the other side and recording a strike.

After the BBC pay debacle, encouraging ballots or walk outs probably isn't a good idea...... Very Happy

Hey, maybe the next ident will be the BBC's top 10 earners drinking champagne and raising a glass to the viewer. Very Happy
GM
nodnirG kraM
Jonny posted:

No. A strike would demonstrate Ten-ness, not One-ness. Where would it all end if that was allowed? You have completely missed the brief with this suggestion.
JO
Josh
Jonny posted:

No. A strike would demonstrate Ten-ness, not One-ness. Where would it all end if that was allowed? You have completely missed the brief with this suggestion.

I'd much rather see 1 pin being knocked down rather than 10.
RO
rob Founding member
JoshX posted:
Jonny posted:

I'd much rather see 1 pin being knocked down rather than 10.

They should have filmed me at the bowling alley last week then. Laughing
BE
Bert75
Just more boring clips of people
MM
MMcG198

They really aren't getting any better, are they?

The only thing I admire here is the sheer brass neck of the "creatives" that keeping churning out this bilge. They are doing absolutely nothing to improve this format/concept.

And FFS, why are they persisting with that dreadful glow effect on the 'Oneness' logo?

Someone mentioned PromaxBDA awards earlier. I shouldn't worry about any of this tripe been shortlisted there. But if the creative/marketing industry had an equivalent of the Razzie Awards...

Newer posts