TV Home Forum

Local TV

Are you local? (July 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WO
Worzel
Quote:
Made TV to go out on the road with 10-part paramedics documentary

Local TV network Made Television is to air a new 10-part documentary giving a rare insight into the pressures faced by paramedics and doctors on the road.

Produced by Raw Cut, A&E On The Road will follow the West Midlands Ambulance Service over a six-month period, following the medics as they tackle everything from street stabbings to motorbike accidents and suspected heart attacks.

The series has also been acquired by BBC One Daytime which will air a five-part version later this year.

Jamie Conway, CEO of Made Television, said: “People across Britain have a great deal of admiration for those involved with the emergency services and we’re delighted to have this opportunity to provide an untainted glimpse of what it’s really like behind-the-scenes.”

Launching on May 15th, A&E On The Road will air across the Made Television network in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, Liverpool, North Wales, Teesside and Tyne & Wear.

Steve Warr, Raw Cut’s executive producer, said: “Our reputation is for creating authentic, gritty documentaries that provide a journalistic overview of what it is really like to work within the blue light profession.

“We are extremely proud of this series, which gives a rigorous, immersive account of the trials and tribulations of paramedics in the West Midlands.”

https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/2017/05/made-tv-to-go-out-on-the-road-with-10-part-paramedics-documentary/

This has started airing on Made now and is brilliantly made. I suppose we can take comfort from the fact that (on some stations) quality is improving rather than in decline.

https://www.madeincardiff.tv/catchup/?c=documentaries&p=x4wfdj

Here's the production slide:

Of course the same production company (although under a different name) that brought us X-Cars, the Police Stop! series and later Road Wars, Street Wars and Police Interceptors.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Is that basically made with licence fee cash then?

I wouldn't have thought it was that simple - I'd imagine Made would pay its fair share.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Part of the £25M content deal, as established when Local TV was set up, I suspect.
JO
Jon
Wonder if that was commissioned initially under Big Centre as you'd think the first production of this nature would have come from one of the more established Made stations first.

I think initially Big Centre was one of the more well financed stations, it had a lot of staff and was very ambitious. Just the people in charge of making television didn't have a clue about making television.
Last edited by Jon on 20 May 2017 9:45pm
WH
Whataday Founding member
Part of the £25M content deal, as established when Local TV was set up, I suspect.

But that was for news reports only I thought?

Made have tried this already by piggy-backing on BBC Wales' City Road with a spin off series. I assume this is a similar thing.
RI
Richard

Made in Liverpool
Southport – Wednesday 24th May
Wirral South – Tuesday 30th May
Wirral West – Wednesday 31st May

Strange that Southport is being covered here as according to the coverage map, coverage stops dead at Formby, which is to the south.

Southport is covered by the Preston service, which is on the same frequency *
Both are transmitted from Winter Hill, along with the Manchester service which is also on the same frequency. They use 'Petals' to direct the services accordingly.

Unless the Storeton relay of Made in Liverpool can be received in Southport, I suppose.
RO
robertclark125
That coverage map would also suggest, for some reason, that the Southport southern suburbs of Birkdale, Hillside, and houses in between Southport and Formby can't pick up either!
MA
Markymark
That coverage map would also suggest, for some reason, that the Southport southern suburbs of Birkdale, Hillside, and houses in between Southport and Formby can't pick up either!

Don't take that line as gospel, with all three of the Winter Hill services channel sharing, there will be significant 'mush zones' along that line where both services will corrupt each other.

However, I'm told that as part of the 700MHz reorganisation between now and 2020, the three services will be given their own frequencies, so that should result in more reliable reception at the edges, and perhaps more chance of out of area reception
London Lite and Richard gave kudos
JO
Jon
Is there any good reason why local TV news programmes can't show footage from sport events that have been broadcast elsewhere? Would have thought they'd be able to use footage under the same terms as the BBC/ITN/Sky. With a 'pictures from' caption.
Last edited by Jon on 22 May 2017 6:34pm
BR
Brekkie
They're not part of SNAC, an agreement between the PSBs, Sky, BT and Eurosport which gives access to clips for the purpose of news coverage.
WH
Whataday Founding member
The Cardiff debate is currently on air, just from their offices this time around.

The colours of the set lighting change based on whose turn it is to speak, which I thought was a nice touch.

JO
Jon
Still some thought and attention to detail gone into that.

Newer posts