TV Home Forum

Local TV

Are you local?

MA
Markymark Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today

This is the opening titles of last Tuesday's "Have your say" with their explanation of what it is:

Umm...

--
Avatar credit: © BBC, ITA, BREMA 1967
Anglialad and uktvwatcher gave kudos

17 days later

CH
channel4squares1 Central (East) East Midlands Today
The cheapest TV channel to run is currently Notts TV.

Looking into May/June 2020 listings, they currently play John Wayne movies every weekend at 2 and it's always scheduled for an hour, regardless of the length of the film, a couple of weeks ago, some hour and 30 minute John Wayne film abortily ended after an hour (or about 50 minutes of the film).

Some days a low quality Notts TV logo appears on the screen in grey, other days it's gone. Even the wrong program slides were used, especially before the John Wayne movies, plus they always show Divorce His, Divorce Hers every weekend overnight and has been for a number of weeks now. Has this channel really run out of original programming and films now?
GI
gillythered Central (East) East Midlands Today
i have messaged this company to work for free and they arent interested lol
DB
dbl London London

He's not wrong.

11 days later

:-(
A former member
That’s Manchester is showing That’s 70s but without the ‘L’ information bar. Not sure if this is a fault or usual now? Surely can’t count towards their ‘local’ hours?
AB
ashley b Founding member Granada North West Today
The “L” was there last night. I’ve noticed the actual “presented” bits of “news” is now just 15 minutes a night and is the “have your say” national compilation thing, so maybe the that’s 70’s and that’s 80s with the news “L” is counting as local news.

11 days later

BE
benriggers Meridian (South) Oxford
I see That's TV (in my area anyway) seem to be airing That's 70/80s music videos most of the day (not a bad thing). I think it was just 1 hour for a while, followed by a simulcast of CBS Reality but that's no longer airing on That's TV.
"They don't want your name, just your number"
MA
Markymark Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
I see That's TV (in my area anyway) seem to be airing That's 70/80s music videos most of the day (not a bad thing ). I think it was just 1 hour for a while, followed by a simulcast of CBS Reality but that's no longer airing on That's TV.

Really, for a PSB service given a single digit EPG position ?
--
Avatar credit: © BBC, ITA, BREMA 1967
MarkT76 and Square Eyes gave kudos
AB
ashley b Founding member Granada North West Today
Yep, that’s Manchester now has:
Jewellery Channel 9am to 3pm
That’s 70s from 3pm To 11pm (With 15 minutes of Headline news at 6pm)
That’s 80s 11pm to 9am.

Weekend is the same but no headline news.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
So local TV is now a 15 minute bulletin at a time local news is well served?
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
I see That's TV (in my area anyway) seem to be airing That's 70/80s music videos most of the day (not a bad thing ). I think it was just 1 hour for a while, followed by a simulcast of CBS Reality but that's no longer airing on That's TV.

Really, for a PSB service given a single digit EPG position ?

Presumably he’s a fan of 70s and 80s music.
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
So local TV is now a 15 minute bulletin at a time local news is well served?
Yeah, that's dumb having it at the same time as ITV's local news. They should do it at 5pm instead.

Newer posts