« Topics
Jon7,686 posts since 11 Apr 2005
Central (West) Midlands Today
The lack of scheduling information is shocking really - they can't just rely on people stumbling over the channel. Even if 99% of the output is crap, if they don't get the viewers in for the 1% they're interested in they're simply always going to skip over the channel when browsing through the EPG.

Well considering Mustard TV is owned by a local newspaper group, surely their publications in the reception area will be hammering down the message over the next couple of weeks. I don't think it's too important push the channel a lot before it's on air, those energies are better spent once it's operational meaning people can check out the channel straight away and it's there, rather than them seeing something 2 weeks before and forgetting about it by the time it's launched.
watchingtv gave kudos
gottago2,798 posts since 26 Aug 2004
London London
The lack of scheduling information is shocking really - they can't just rely on people stumbling over the channel. Even if 99% of the output is crap, if they don't get the viewers in for the 1% they're interested in they're simply always going to skip over the channel when browsing through the EPG.

Does the Evening Standard have a free weekly TV guide - presumably London Live listings will make it into that.

They print TV listings every weekday and they're already using the space to the left of BBC1 to advertise LL so I expect it will go there.
Jon7,686 posts since 11 Apr 2005
Central (West) Midlands Today
http://www.mustardtv.co.uk/blog/live-tonight-at-5-30pm-on-freeview-channel-8/

Tonight's schedule for the opening night.
Quote:
5.30pm Mustard News. News from Norwich and Norfolk with weather and sport.

5.45pm This is Mustard TV. Welcome to Mustard. An introduction to your new local TV station.

6.00pm Mustard News.

6.15pm The Mustard Show. Norfolk’s freshest magazine programme. Presented by Darren Eadie and Beth Davidson.

7.00pm Mustard News.

7.15pm Archive Half Hour. A look back to the county’s past. Features footage from the East Anglian Film Archive and will open your eyes to days gone by. This first episode is all about travel and transport. Actor Graham Cole (Tony Stamp in The Bill) narrates.

7.45pm Three Up Front: Extra. Analysis, debate and all the fall-out after Norwich City’s home match against Sunderland. Michael Bailey and the team are in the studio with your three-word verdicts.

8.00pm Mustard News.

8.15pm The Mustard Show (R).

9.00pm Mustard News.

9.15pm Splinter Bike. Documentary. Two friends seek to build a 100% wooden bike and set a world record. Part one of two.

9.45pm Benjamin Foundation. The work of the charity that helps people across Norfolk deal with life’s challenges.

10.00pm Mustard News.

10.15pm Automated Service. Operating until 5.30pm on Tuesday.

A lot of repetition but I think that's a good thing, as it should ensure the quality remains high and the audience has plenty of opportunity to catch the flagship programmes.
dosxuk4,166 posts since 22 Oct 2005
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Meanwhile, up in Sheffield...

Just found this on another forum:
Quote:
Hello

I am writing to let you know about an exciting television project in Sheffield your members may be interested in. I'd be grateful if you would pass this on.

A new digital television channel- Sheffield Local Television is due to be launched in late 2014. Broadcast across all of Sheffield, Barnsley and Rotherham, the channel will bring local news, music and entertainment to any one with a "S" postcode. This channel will be available on Freeview, Virgin and Sky and also on catch up.

In conjunction with Sheffield Local Television we are due to start filming a sitcom pilot soon called Pride And Pensioners. It follows two retired ladies who accidentally buy a gay bar. We have the script, we have the crew, we have the location, we are now looking for the stars! Although this is an unpaid job, it is a fantastic opportunity to raise your profile, create a show-reel, and have fun whilst potentially becoming a local celebrity! (An estimated 80,000 potential viewers.)

So who are we looking for? Primarily we are looking for experienced actors with talent and comic timing. Adventurous with a sense of humour. There will be plenty of parts but the lead roles we are looking to cast are:

Two female lead roles aged 55+

A male and female in early to mid twenties.

Extras of mixed age, race and gender.

Interested? Intrigued? Auditions will be held within the next couple of months.

Feel free to drop me an email explaining which part you are interested in at:

prideandpensioners@gmail.com.

Alternatively if you would like me to pop in and have a chat with your group I'll be happy to do so. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Andy
London Lite10,292 posts since 4 Jan 2003
London London
Interesting that statement makes the claim they'll be on Sky. Something the other smaller operators don't seem to be doing.

It doesn't surprise me, I expect some of the other local tv channels with large populations will also join. I think Made in Leeds is another which will go on the other platforms?
David
Quote:
We are due to start filming a sitcom pilot soon called Pride And Pensioners. It follows two retired ladies who accidentally buy a gay bar.

Also coming soon...

Out and A Belt - A gay man runs a clothing accessories shop.
All Things Bright and Beatified - Tom Bright has been nominated to become the next Pope. There is just one problem, he is gay or black or a woman or something.
Sock and Roll - Two spinster sisters inherit an empty shop. Judy wants to set up a laundrette while her sister Judi wants to set up a sandwich shop. They split the shop down the middle and do both with hilarious consequences.
Bait and Switch - See above but with fishing supplies and light fixtures.
Pen and Paper - Peter Aper has to look after an adult female swan in his flat while it's owner is on holiday.
Keep off the Grass - A park keeper tries to give up his cannabis addiction. (silent, slapstick)
Straight to Sleep - Geoff Smith accidentally joins a narcolepsy support group for gay men while waiting for his girlfriend (1x90 mins).

Quote:
Primarily we are looking for experienced actors with talent and comic timing.

Quote:
Although this is an unpaid job

Good luck with that.
fanoftv, bilky asko and Jon gave kudos
Brekkie31,225 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Not too bad a schedule for Mustard - makes far more sense to have an hourly 15 minute bulletin rather than flesh it out to half an hour. The :15 starts could be awkward - but on the other hand if they can get people in for the news and get them watching the beginning of a programme it could work to their advantage.

Any idea what the "automated service" is?
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.