The Newsroom

BBC National News: Presentation

(April 2008)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NG
noggin Founding member
chris posted:
don1977 posted:
Did anyone notice an extra bit of set underneath the table in yesterday's TC7's 6 o'clock? It looked like they were trying to make the desk look a bit more like the N6 one or cover up the legs and printer etc?
http://i32.tinypic.com/2ceriv8.jpg

Only lasted one evening anyway!

tellywatcher posted:
alarsne53 posted:
The old headline bed in use on the Six there (May 07-Apr 08 variant)

Old promo vamp used too at quarter past. Interesting to hear those thunderclaps again - just shows how flat the current ones are.

They also used the old varient of the sting as well - the ending isn't as loud.

That looks like a modesty panel, similar to the one they used to have in the old One/Six/Ten shared studio prior to the relaunch.

This is probably only used when there aren't studio guests in the show - it looks a bit big to put in and out during the show.
CH
chris
Ant posted:
Maybe time to pre-record the headlines?

Bit drastic - maybe time for them to get their act together? News 24 is exactly the same - there always seems to be a TOTH cock-up.

noggin posted:
That looks like a modesty panel, similar to the one they used to have in the old One/Six/Ten shared studio prior to the relaunch.

This is probably only used when there aren't studio guests in the show - it looks a bit big to put in and out during the show.

It's only been used once from what I've seen and there have been shows with no guests and it's not on. It looks horrible anyway, I'm glad it's only been there once.
MO
Moz
chris posted:
Ant posted:
Maybe time to pre-record the headlines?

Bit drastic - maybe time for them to get their act together?

I'd say maybe time to give the cameraman a warning. If he can't do something as basic as smoothly zoom onto a presenter on a flagship national news programme he shouldn't be doing his job!
RT
rts Founding member
A rather pedantic point, but last night George opened the evening news with "Hello, and welcome to the BBC News", where as he tonight started with "Hello, and welcome to BBC News".

What do forumers think... Keep, or drop, the "the"?
MO
Moz
rts posted:
A rather pedantic point, but last night George opened the evening news with "Hello, and welcome to the BBC News", where as he tonight started with "Hello, and welcome to BBC News".

Drop it. It was like he was welcoming BBC One viewers to BBC News - the way it should be.
BE
benjy
Moz posted:
rts posted:

Drop it. It was like he was welcoming BBC One viewers to BBC News - the way it should be.

When it's the 1, 6 or 10, isn't the most frequently used opening "Welcome to the BBC News at X"? Just like it used to be "Welcome to the X O'Clock News". The "the" seems necessary to those bulletins to make it sound grammatically correct, somehow... However it does sound rather strange when it's just "Welcome to the BBC News". Confused
NA
nat210790
There also seems to still be some confusion of the name of the bulletins. I thought they were supposed to be "The BBC News at 1/6/10" and yet the presenters on the NC before 1 o'clock still say "coming up, the 1 o'clock News," when Jane and Louise did the bulletin last week at the end of the 12:15 summary they referred to it as "the 1 o'clock News." We have George welcoming viewers to "The BBC News at 6" yet Huw signing off and handing to Chris with the "rest of the 10 o'clock News Hour."

Seems strange to me.
CO
Connews
Sorry if this sounds too much like cost-efficency (something the Beeb needs to grasp...) but wouldn't it make sense to have one presenter doing 60 Seconds and the BBC News Update at 8pm? Sounds better than two salaries for what is practically the same job!
:-(
A former member
Connews posted:
Sorry if this sounds too much like cost-efficency (something the Beeb needs to grasp...) but wouldn't it make sense to have one presenter doing 60 Seconds and the BBC News Update at 8pm? Sounds better than two salaries for what is practically the same job!

I think I'd rather someone with at least one brain cell did the news summary on BBC1. 60 Seconds is a joke these days.
WE
Westy2
nat210790 posted:
There also seems to still be some confusion of the name of the bulletins. I thought they were supposed to be "The BBC News at 1/6/10" and yet the presenters on the NC before 1 o'clock still say "coming up, the 1 o'clock News," when Jane and Louise did the bulletin last week at the end of the 12:15 summary they referred to it as "the 1 o'clock News." We have George welcoming viewers to "The BBC News at 6" yet Huw signing off and handing to Chris with the "rest of the 10 o'clock News Hour."

Seems strange to me.

Why doesn't the 10 presenter on BBC1 continue on the News Channel until 11, even as a double header with Chris, then Chris continues solo after 11?

You can imagine Huw making a sharp exit during the weather !
JO
Jonathan
rts posted:

Get a grip.
EY
the eye
Jonathan posted:
rts posted:

Get a grip.

Don't have to be a jerk about it do you?

Newer posts