TV Home Forum

BBC Two Rebrand and Onwards

Ident refresh 17/06/09 @ 6pm + a couple retired (Page 129) (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AL
alisterj
Nice, I like it, but I really can't understand why they don't use the box on these special idents. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather the dreaded box be banished from all BBC Two idents but it just seems stupid and inconsistent not to use it on these if they do on the others. Can't understand it.
PC
Paul Clark
Asa posted:
Now that's just lovely.

Didn't see it earlier today, but did catch the airing shown above as it went out...

Still heavily the new style '2' I see, but I guess that's my only minor gripe; very nice effects and a good job on the sound too.

Overall, this seems a better execution compared to the Heroes and The Restaurant prog-specific symbols (not that any work was really done for the soundtrack on the latter, as they used a version of a commercially available song!)

EDIT: What's the betting the Christmas Ident has no logo? At this rate, I'd be surprised to see one.
IT
InventThamesValley
I cought this yesterday, I thought it was a promo. Of course it is the 'new' style two, why would they change the template and not use the new one? I would prefer the ident to have the box on, all the '91 twos (other than stings) had BBC Two on them so all the current idents should have the box on them.
JO
Jonny
InventThamesValley posted:
I cought this yesterday, I thought it was a promo. Of course it is the 'new' style two, why would they change the template and not use the new one? I would prefer the ident to have the box on, all the '91 twos (other than stings) had BBC Two on them so all the current idents should have the box on them.

Of course, the difference between the present day 2s and the '91 set is that now they use a large intrusive coloured box, whereas from 91-97 they used a relatively unobtrusive /B/B/C/ legend. As this was coloured white it could be used on every ident created. Do you think the current teal box would look good on the Electric Proms ident? Or the Thursdays Are Funny idents?
SP
Spencer
The music on that is very reminiscent of the original set of 2's.

The special, themed idents all seem so much better than the official set.
LO
looknorth
Spencer For Hire posted:
The music on that is very reminiscent of the original set of 2's.

The special, themed idents all seem so much better than the official set.

The music is quite similler to the fluffy dog ident from 1995 aswell as a few of the 1991-2001 idents.
OL
oliverburgess1

Its rather lambie-nairn first great western-esque isnt it?
TV
tvarksouthwest
The golden age of BBC2 is back!
JO
Joe
I thought of the First as well, and the other Electric Proms promo that's floating around.
RO
Ronant
It seems rather odd that they're making idents that will presumably only go out before coverage of the Electric Proms - which is only on for a few days and shown after 11pm. Really seems like a bit of a waste of time and money.
JR
jrothwell97
Ronant posted:
It seems rather odd that they're making idents that will presumably only go out before coverage of the Electric Proms - which is only on for a few days and shown after 11pm. Really seems like a bit of a waste of time and money.

Not really: the ident can't have cost that much to make, mainly because it was computer-generated (one assumes - unless they used slit-scan or some kind of analogue howlaround technique!)
LO
looknorth
oliverburgess1 posted:

Its rather lambie-nairn first great western-esque isnt it?

I was just thinking of first trains when looking at it but they are unpopular unlike the 2.

you can deffinatley here stints of the 1991 ting-a-ling-bong-bong music in it.http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YvmQuAsq7Og like here

Newer posts