TV Home Forum

Eamonn says farewell to GMTV

the king of breakfast TV has left the building (March 2005)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RU
russnet Founding member
Mr-Stabby posted:
Why does Fiona look so out of place now?

Trust me that could be seen as a blessing Wink
:-(
A former member
i thought i heard something about charlie stayt being approached by gmtv? i can't see it, personally, he doesn't have the wit required from what i've seen.

they need someone like nick owen (from mt, not itv news).
NW
nwtv2003
A former member posted:
i thought i heard something about charlie stayt being approached by gmtv? i can't see it, personally, he doesn't have the wit required from what i've seen.

I think that was all rumour, as Charlie Stayt was a guest on The Wright Stuff last week and said that he was going to be making documentaries for five instead IIRC.
IT
I T V 1
A former member posted:

Nick Owen from Midlands Today?! *That* would drive the viewers away.
PE
Pete Founding member
yes, from BBC Breakfast, they'd flock to Nick on GMTV. If only they could get Anne too...
MR
mrwilliams
Does anyone know when they will make the official announcement of the new anchor presenter
Surely, it's not Ben Shepard

Fiona & Ben (More like Mum and Son)
IT
I T V 1
GMTV_journalist posted:
Does anyone know when they will make the official announcement of the new anchor presenter
Surely, it's not Ben Shepard

Fiona & Ben (More like Mum and Son)

I seen him on GMTV this morning, and I think he doesnt suit GMTV Today at all. He is another one who is everywhere on TV at the moment.
DA
David_02
Ben and Fiona just don't cut it as a partnership. Ben making terrible jokes that just makes the whole atmosphere a lot more tense and awkward. Ben once a week I can handle, but almost every day?!?! Surprised
AN
Andrew Founding member
It's Fiona and Andrew this week (well until Wednesday then Kate and Andrew)
The following week it looks like it is Fiona and Ben again, so it looks like they are sharing presenting duties literally every other week
DA
Davidjb Founding member
Well theres always one thing you can rely on in GMTV. The Backdrop. Think that must be the longest serving part of GMTV now Eamon has gone.
FA
fanoftv
Davidjb posted:
Well theres always one thing you can rely on in GMTV. The Backdrop. Think that must be the longest serving part of GMTV now Eamon has gone.

It's certainly getting there.
Though I did notice during the clips on Eamonn's last day, the set with the blinds had quite nice backdrops, even though you couldn't really see them.
I myself couldn't see what was wrong with the ones introduced last year.

And couldn't they just take them from somewhere in TLS? Obviously they may have to pay ITV for them, but they must have a stash of them. They've most recently had the Des & Mel ones, and the one's created last year of the views out of Studio 7 for Loose Women when they moved to another studio. Better still Studio 7 itself, but ITV may not want to let that go for long term.
AD
Adam
fanoftv posted:
Better still Studio 7 itself, but ITV may not want to let that go for long term.

Problem is that in the Winter it would be pitch black for the News Hour and quite dark for much of GMTV Today. While OK for News bulletins, it isn't really ideal for Breakfast TV, which is more associated with bright and sunny backdrops all year round.

Newer posts