TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Joe
Anyone else wondering what it’s got to do with Alex Beresford? Stick to the weather and mind your own shop. That dreadful rambling monologue was so contrived. No wonder Piers did one.

By that token, what’s it got to do with Morgan?
AJ
AJ
Anyone else wondering what it’s got to do with Alex Beresford? Stick to the weather and mind your own shop. That dreadful rambling monologue was so contrived. No wonder Piers did one.

He's discussed knife crime, issues to do with race and contributed to other debates in the past. This is no different, and his views are just as valid as anyone elses.

He's also saying what a lot of people are thinking.
BF
BFGArmy
Joe posted:
I’ve not seen it, but I find it hard to believe that an incident like this on this particular programme is not contrived and managed.

Indeed my first thought when I heard about this incident was that it was staged. X Factor at one point basically became known for judges ‘walking off’ only to then return as normal next week. I mean it sounds like the presenters weren’t even off screen for 15 minutes which again hints at that.
WH
Whataday Founding member

Yikes. You're basically saying he should 'know his place'? That's not a great look considering the conversations that have been had lately.

I think history will judge Alex very well indeed. Too many of the on screen talent on that programme have been complicit in Piers' behaviour for far too long by staying quiet or just rolling their eyes and I'm very happy to see him challenged.
SP
Spencer
Good to see this has got #GMTV trending again.
BF
BFGArmy
What are the odds on a report/live during the Lunchtime News about this with a correspondent outside TV Centre? Bonus points if ‘Nobody from ITV was available for comment’ is said.
JK
JK08
The cynic in me is inclined to suggest Piers only came back because the interview with Thomas Markle was coming up, and the attention that will result from it.
DW
DavidWhitfield
I find the 'what's it got to do with Alex?' comment pretty extraordinary.
I'm sorry, but it's high time we saw Piers getting challenged. Thrice a week, he gets a platform to espouse his personal opinion as fact which he's only too happy to do. If you're as willing as he is to dish it out, then you need to be prepared to face the backlash.
Yes, Susanna's there 'for balance' but frankly, half the time, her 'balance' consists of her shaking her head, rolling her eyes, or giving a sitcom-style sideways 'oh, Piers!' look to camera, which, frankly, when you're spewing the sort of irresponsible, dangerous bile that Piers has been, is simply not good enough.
Last edited by DavidWhitfield on 9 March 2021 11:26am - 3 times in total
AA
Aaron_2015
Appalling behaviour from Piers Morgan, but it seems ITV are prepared to back him regardless of how he acts.

Not convinced it was staged though, look at the atmosphere in the studio from the off:

Alex looks genuinely quite upset when he’s speaking, whilst Susanna has looked fairly ashamed to be sat where she’s sitting since yesterday. You get the sense from the opening (and admittedly I did not watch it live) that Morgan had been told to tone down his rhetoric significantly. Evidently that has not gone to plan.

I don’t think ITV will drop Morgan, but I cannot see this current situation lasting all that much longer, it’s untenable.
RN
Rolling News
Didn’t Piers take issue and enjoyment when Theresa Coffey (not that I’m standing up for her, can’t stand the woman) did something similar and walked out of an interview a few weeks ago? Bit different when the shoes on the other foot, isn’t it Piers?
JK
JK08
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Piers is let go after these past few days. In my eyes, he's committed at least four sackable offences across the two shows. All four of his on-air colleagues, Susanna, Alex, Charlotte and Hilary looked disgusted/appalled/embarrassed this morning.
WH
Whataday Founding member
During this morning's earnings conference call Carolyn McCall was asked if Piers was to be sacked or backed. Her response? "We are dealing with that as we speak".

Newer posts