TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CW
CraigWills
I did enjoy the way they opened up at 6am. Make sense to do something a little different for that half hour considering they run a TOH sequence at 6:30.

The Voiceover format was rectified before the lockdown came in.
watchingtv and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos

8 days later

JA
jacob_27
Just an observation on graphics: I don't know why on earth they've chosen to change the colour of the entertainment graphics from pink, a vibrant colour appropriate for the topic, to a dull, boring blue.
BR
Brekkie
Those headlines about the first death are rather sobering nearly a year on.
030293, Matthew_Fieldhouse and BBI45 gave kudos
TV
TVViewer256
Just an observation on graphics: I don't know why on earth they've chosen to change the colour of the entertainment graphics from pink, a vibrant colour appropriate for the topic, to a dull, boring blue.

I thought that too - happened without any acknowledgement in around September I believe.
CF
CallumF
ITV chief exec Carolyn McCall to deal with this 'internally' apparently - not subscribed to Broadcast but sub-headline says it "comes after tweet directed at Coalition for Change chair Adeel Amini":

This is the tweet in question:

JF
JetixFann450

Cor blimey!
CF
CallumF
Rolling Eyes

GO
gottago
For the record Adeel has spent the last year working tirelessly to improve working conditions for TV editorial freelancers (whilst still working as a producer on a number of ents shows) completely off his own back, and spending his own money to set up a number of a online conferences and advice for anyone who needs it at a time when moral in the industry is low. He exposed institutional racism within the industry and given a platform for people who've had their careers held back because of it. Editorial freelancers are not unionised, unlike studio staff, and so end up working dreadful hours for frequently awful pay; he's one of the few who have been standing up for us and actively pursuing change.

He's very much one of the good guys and I don't doubt for a second that working with Piers is a miserable experience.

I'd be careful if I were Piers. It's well known that dead-weight Life Stories and his dull prison documentaries are consistently under-performing loss leaders to keep Piers happy in his contract. When it gets to the point that you're serving up a miserable hour with Gemma Collins for barely 1.7 million viewers it's obvious that an obligation is being filled, nothing more.

ITV and other production companies have been under intense scrutiny by the industry this year to improve working conditions and this will certainly given them ammunition to drop those extra shows from his next contract. GB News and LBC won't be able to match his current salary from ITV so perhaps he should be careful before he indadvertedly bites the hand that feeds him.
JO
Jonwo
I've always thought Piers need to have his social media accounts controlled by someone else so that situations like this don't occur.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Jonwo posted:
I've always thought Piers need to have his social media accounts controlled by someone else permanently closed so that situations like this don't occur.

Fixed that for you Wink
JO
Jonwo
Jonwo posted:
I've always thought Piers need to have his social media accounts controlled by someone else permanently closed so that situations like this don't occur.

Fixed that for you Wink

That works as well!
CF
CallumF
Yikes.

Newer posts